Description de l'offre
Role Title: Business Architect
Business: Information Technology
New or Existing Role? New
HSBC operates across four Global Businesses (GB's) which are supported by Global Functions (GF's). HSBC Technology is based within the HSBC Operations, Services and Technology (HOST) function. The IT Architecture department sits within HSBC Technology and the Business Architecture - Architect job is based in the Data & Business Architecture team. The Business Architecture team are accountable for the technical definition and implementation of our Group Business Architecture strategy and associated standards.
The Business Architecture - Architect role is a global architecture role traversing horizontally across all GB's, GF's and operating regions. The job reports to the Enterprise Architect – Business Architecture and is accountable for supporting the design and implementation of the Group Business Architecture strategy.
The Business Architecture - Architect assists in the delivery of assigned architecture activities and provides general support to Lead IT Architects and two levels above. The jobholder contributes to the design and development of architectures that are aligned with Group, IT and business strategy, meet business objectives and satisfy all relevant regulatory and operational risk controls. The Business Architecture - Architect is responsible for engaging and participating with the global practice of architecture within their relevant area.
Impact on Business
· Participate in the continued development of architecture standards.
· Ensure the design/solution is aligned with architecture standards, IT and business strategy, and meet business objectives.
· Participate in the delivery of architectures for business solutions, focusing mainly on Architecture for small activities.
· Participate in the introduction of new techniques, products, services, technologies and standards where needed against identified use cases, via the appropriate governance bodies
· Develop an understanding of appropriate Group business systems, their associated requirements and technology usages.
· Stay abreast of technology trends and advise IT and the business about potential benefits/impacts.
· Provide a consultancy role to IT and business teams where appropriate.
· Where appropriate, provide full life cycle architectural guidance to development teams and ensure quality technical deliverables.
Customers / Stakeholders
· Customer Focus – engages the customer, effectively communicates relevant information, products and services at the right time in an appropriate style. Engages confidently with customers, colleagues and stakeholders.
· Strengthening stakeholder relationships – HOST Developers & Architects, HOST IT Managers & SFR Information Security Risk Managers remaining calm under pressure.
· Deliver fair outcomes for our customers and ensure own conduct maintains the orderly and transparent operation of financial markets.
Leadership & Teamwork
· Actively promote the benefits of architecture, accepted best practice techniques, standards and tools to other areas of the Group and external suppliers where necessary.
· Ensure that the highest level of quality for all activities and products are provided.
· Receive mentoring and coaching from IT Lead Architects.
· Responsible for participating with the global practice of architecture within the relevant area.
Operational Effectiveness & Control
· Perform architecture reviews on aligned systems and ensure both appropriate peer review and governance body endorsement is obtained.
· Ensure that any new technology products are taken through the appropriate governance mechanisms• Ensure that all existing/new service patterns/deployments guides are taken through the appropriate governance mechanisms..
· Adhere to evergreening priorities for Global Business/Global Functions.
· Ensure compliance with all relevant internal instructions (FIMs, GSMs, circulars) and external regulatory requirements, including the management of operational risk and adherence to the Group's standards of ethical behaviour.
· This is a new function within HSBC. The role holder will be necessitated to use initiative and creativity to define approaches and identify opportunities to propagate these throughout the organisation.
· HSBC is a large multi-national corporation operating across a number of Global Businesses and Global Functions. Each GB / GF and geographic location will have their own priorities and agendas. It will be necessary for the role holder to collaborate and obtain buy-in from stakeholders across the organisation to effectively execute this function.
Due to its scale and global presence HSBC is a highly complex organisation. To operate effectively horizontally across Global Businesses, Global Functions and operating regions it is necessary to have a Group Business Architecture function. This function is accountable for understanding GB's, GF's and regional business strategies, operating models and processes to define central capabilities and functions that can be utilised across the Group.
The Business Architecture – Architect is responsible for:
· Supporting the EA – Business Architecture in defining and implementing the Group Business Architecture strategy, capabilities, and associated operating model.
· Collaborating with stakeholders in GB's, GF's and regions to advocate and embed the integration of enterprise Business Architecture practices and standards into Business-As-Usual operating models.
· Supporting the definition and description of the primary business functions across the organisation including their interrelationships and dependencies.
· Supporting the definition and description of the strategic and transitional business processes across the organisation including their interrelationships and dependencies.
· Identifying and documenting the data dependencies within the functions and processes across the organisation.
· Creating business architecture roadmaps to enable GB's, GF's and regions to plan for and transition to the defined enterprise Business Architecture strategy.
· Ensuring governance and control frameworks are adhered to within the Business Architecture domain.
· Designing solutions that meet business needs, deliver the identified strategy and associated capabilities and are integrated with technology solutions.
· Identifying opportunities for streamlining and optimising business functions, processes, data flows and solutions across GB's / GF's.
· Integrating with the wider Architecture community to ensure a holistic and consistent approach is taken to architecture across the organisation.
· Budget Control: This job has no direct budgetary responsibility.
· Line Management: This job has no line management responsibility.
· Functional Management: This job may be required to functionally manage small teams from time to team.
· Relationships: Developers & Architects; IT Managers; SFR Information Security Risk Managers.
· Strategic Importance – Medium: Participate in the continued development of architecture strategy & standards.
· Regulatory & Risk – C – Identifies risks against defined Architecture standards & promotes good practice.
Management of Risk
· The jobholder will ensure the fair treatment of our customers is at the heart of everything we do, both personally and as an organisation.
· This will be achieved by consistently displaying the behaviours that form part of the HSBC Values and culture and adhering to HSBC risk policies and procedures, including notification and escalation of any concerns and taking required action in relation to points raised by audit and/or external regulators.
· The jobholder is responsible for managing and mitigating operational risks in their day to day operations. In executing these responsibilities, the Group has adopted risk management and internal control structure referred to as the ‘Three Lines of Defence'. The jobholder should ensure they understand their position within the Three Lines of Defence, and act accordingly in line with operational risk policy, escalating in a timely manner where they are unsure of actions required.
· Through the implementation the Global AML, Sanctions and ABC Policies, supporting Guidance, and Line of Business Procedures the jobholder will make informed decisions in accordance with the core principles of HSBC's Financial Crime Risk Appetite.
· The following statement is only for roles with core responsibilities in Operational Risk Management (Risk Owner, Control Owner, Risk Steward, BRCM, and Operational Risk Function
· The jobholder has responsibility for overseeing and ensuring that Operational risks are managed in accordance with the Group Standards Manual, Risk FIM, & relevant guidelines & standards. The jobholder should comply with the detailed expectations and responsibilities for their core role in operational risk management through ensuring all actions take account of operational risks, and through using the Operational Risk Management Framework appropriately to manage those risks.
· This will be achieved by:
· Continuously reassessing risks associated with the role and inherent in the business, taking account of changing economic or market conditions, legal and regulatory requirements, operating procedures and practices, management restructurings, and the impact of new technology.
· Ensuring all actions take account of the likelihood of operational risk occurring, addressing areas of concern in conjunction with Risk and relevant line colleagues, and also by ensuring that actions resulting from points raised by internal or external audits, and external regulators, are correctly implemented in a timely fashion.
Observation of Internal Controls
· The jobholder will adhere to, and be able to demonstrate adherence to, internal controls and will implement the Group compliance policy by adhering to all relevant processes/procedures.
· The term ‘compliance' embraces all relevant financial services laws, rules and codes with which the business has to comply. This will be achieved by adherence to all relevant procedures, keeping appropriate records and, where appropriate, by the timely implementation of internal and external audit points, including issues raised by external regulators.
· The following statement is only for roles with managerial or specific Compliance responsibilities
· The jobholder will implement measures to contain compliance risk across the business area. This will be achieved by liaising with Compliance department about business initiatives at the earliest opportunity. Also and when applicable, by ensuring adequate resources are in place and training is provided, fostering a compliance culture and optimising relations with regulators.
Knowledge & Experience / Qualifications
Essential Experience and Skills
· Experience in defining Business Architecture strategy including functional components, business processes, operating models and data relationships.
· Demonstrated knowledge of the Financial Services industry including industry trends, competitive pressures, product and service offerings and organisational operating models.
· Previous experience of working within a functional domain responsible for the definition of business strategy, capabilities, processes and / or functions.
· Experience of working within a large, complex and geographically dispersed organisation (including matrix management structure and across time zones).
· Proven strength in conceptual and logical thinking, ability to abstract information and look at the bigger picture.
· Experience in managing and resolving complex issues using proven analytical and problem solving skills.
· Ability to identify opportunities for streamlining and optimisation within a business environment.
· Strong relationship management capabilities with an ability to influence and collaborate with stakeholders across Global Businesses and Global Functions enabling the delivery of high standard outcomes.
· Demonstrated ability to work in line with HSBC standards including acting with integrity and ethically.
· Delivering a superior customer service - A desire to find ways to continually improve the service delivered to customers.
· Embracing Change & Innovation - A track record of constantly looking for ways to do things better and an excellent understanding of the mechanism necessary to successfully implement change.
· Achieving Excellence - Achieved targets and met expectations whilst supporting and encouraging others to do the same.
· Leading Self & Others - Self-awareness with confidence to work independently and take responsibility for own development.
· Communicating and Influencing - Both spoken and written communication skills with experience of adapting your style and approach to the audience and message to be delivered.
· Building Trusting Relationships - Contributed productively to team objectives, sometimes supporting and sometimes leading activities to achieve shared goals.
· Making the Right Business Decisions - Experience of making prompt and practical business decision, even in times of ambiguity, considering various perspectives and taking responsibility for outcomes.
Desirable Experience and Skills
· TOGAF (or alternate Architecture framework) certification.
· Experience of undertaking Business Process Modelling to understand the inputs and outputs of business processes and their associated dependencies and connections.
As a business operating in markets all around the world, we believe diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why HSBC is committed to being an inclusive employer and encourages applications from all suitably qualified applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.
We want everyone to be able to fulfil their potential which is why we provide a range of flexible working arrangements and family friendly policies
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to creating a diverse environment.