Role Title: Business Analyst
New or Existing Role? Replacement
· The Business Analyst role is to support and understand structures, operations, processes, product and service offerings, policies and systems as part of the CM&D team that then enables HSS to provide services to our Clients.
Business analysis allows the business to make the right choices in the changes it executes. The discipline identifies needs, captures and analyses requirements and contributes to the assessments and recommendations of options available to ensure the right solution is identified, agreed and progressed.
Impact on Business
· Elicit requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, task and workflow analysis.
· Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs.
· Proactively communicate and collaborate with external and internal customers to analyse information needs and functional requirements and deliver artefacts as needed
· Utilize experience in using enterprise-wide requirements definition and management systems and methodologies required
· Work independently and with users to define concepts and under direction of project managers
· Drive and challenge business unit and customers on their assumptions of how they will successfully execute their plans
· Leverage strong analytical and product management skills required to gain a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into applicable operational requirements
· Serve as the conduit between the customer community (internal and external customers) and the implementation team through which requirements flow
· Develop requirements specifications according to standard templates and standards
· Collaborate with implementation teams, supply lines and subject matter experts to establish the technical vision and analyse trade-offs between usability and performance needs
· Act as a liaison between the business units, implementation teams and support teams.
Management of Risk
· Responsible for the continual assessment of operational risks associated with the role and inherent in the business, taking account of changing economic or market conditions, legal and regulatory requirements, operating procedures and practices, management restructuring and the impact of new technology.
· Demonstrates compliance with HSBC Bank plc Group standards, manuals and policies and adheres to the defined work practices, internal controls and risk management standards associated with the role.
Observation of Internal Controls
· Maintains HSBC internal control standards, including the timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators.
· Understands, follows and demonstrates compliance with all relevant internal and external rules, regulations and procedures that apply to the conduct of the business activities associated with the role, specifically HSBC Bank plc internal controls and compliance policies and manuals.
Ideal candidate profile
Qualifications & Capabilities:
· A high quality degree level education – highly desirable
· Possession of a relevant business analysis qualification - desirable
· A professional project management qualification (eg Prince2) – advantageous
· Significant operational experience in financial services, specifically fund accounting, investment operations or middle office processing
· Demonstrated experience in business analysis roles
· Experience of working in a large scale change environment
Candidates are expected to be competent in;
· Data Analysis
· Process Mapping
· User Documentation
· Impact Assessment/Gap Analysis
· Solution Validation
· Root Cause Analysis
· Stakeholder Management
· Business Requirements
Candidates are expected to have some working knowledge of;
· Operating Model Design
· Process Design
· Design Governance
· Solution Design
· Feasibility Study
· Business Readiness
· Data Loading
· Data Reconciliation
· Test Planning
· Training Documentation/Preparation
Candidates should also:
· Have strong communication skills, both verbal & written with a comprehensive understanding of content and context.
· Displays good presentation skills and can tailor communication methods for the audience, environment and setting.
· Engages stakeholders proactively
· an active listener and displays good inter-personal and communication skill
· Able to work with individuals at all levels
· Ability to build and maintain highly effective working relationships with colleagues, clients and third parties.
· Good team player
· Shows good planning & time management skills with the ability to prioritise multiple tasks effectively
· Demonstrates good organisational skills
· Strong problem solving skills and able to perform under pressure
· Displays good negotiation and influencing skills and can use these skills appropriately
· Ability to take decisions within the scope of responsibility (Courageous integrity / Connected and collaborated approach in gathering information to make decision)
· Self-motivated and able to work independently, and under own initiative with a sense of ownership and accountability
· Positive, dynamic and resilient individual, open to change and able to adapt to changing circumstances
· Responds positively to challenge, showing consideration for others views and taking these into account when making decisions
· Ability to seek compromise
Within HSBC certain roles are designated as Enhanced Vetting Roles. For these roles, all internal and external applicants are required (subject to local laws), to pass satisfactorily a series of additional checks both as part of the application process and, if successfully recruited into the Enhanced Vetting role, on an on-going basis. The Group reserves its position with regard to any steps which it may take in relation to any material adverse findings which arise either when the checks are first carried out as part of this recruitment exercise, and/or if relevant, on an ongoing basis.
This role has been designated as an Enhanced Vetting Role.
For more information about the relevant additional checks for this role please contact the hiring manager.
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to creating a diverse environment.