Role Title: Business Analyst
New or Existing Role? Replacement
· The Business Analyst role is to support and understand structures, operations, processes, product and service offerings, policies and systems as part of the CM&D team that then enables HSS to provide services to our Clients.
Business analysis allows the business to make the right choices in the changes it executes. The discipline identifies needs, captures and analyses requirements and contributes to the assessments and recommendations of options available to ensure the right solution is identified, agreed and progressed.
Impact on Business
· Elicit requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, task and workflow analysis.
· Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs.
· Proactively communicate and collaborate with external and internal customers to analyse information needs and functional requirements and deliver artefacts as needed
· Utilize experience in using enterprise-wide requirements definition and management systems and methodologies required
· Work independently and with users to define concepts and under direction of project managers
· Drive and challenge business unit and customers on their assumptions of how they will successfully execute their plans
· Leverage strong analytical and product management skills required to gain a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into applicable operational requirements
· Serve as the conduit between the customer community (internal and external customers) and the implementation team through which requirements flow
· Develop requirements specifications according to standard templates and standards
· Collaborate with implementation teams, supply lines and subject matter experts to establish the technical vision and analyse trade-offs between usability and performance needs
· Act as a liaison between the business units, implementation teams and support teams.
Management of Risk
· Responsible for the continual assessment of operational risks associated with the role and inherent in the business, taking account of changing economic or market conditions, legal and regulatory requirements, operating procedures and practices, management restructuring and the impact of new technology.
· Demonstrates compliance with HSBC Bank plc Group standards, manuals and policies and adheres to the defined work practices, internal controls and risk management standards associated with the role.
Observation of Internal Controls
· Maintains HSBC internal control standards, including the timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators.
· Understands, follows and demonstrates compliance with all relevant internal and external rules, regulations and procedures that apply to the conduct of the business activities associated with the role, specifically HSBC Bank plc internal controls and compliance policies and manuals.