The role of the Broker Support Officer is to provide high quality telephony support to HSBC's Intermediary partners. In addition to this the role holder will be maintaining and identifying existing and new relationships with our partners. The growth element of the role is particularly important to ensure mortgage lending opportunities within identified third party accounts are achieved.
Your responsibilities will include:
· Provide high quality support to HSBC's Intermediary partners with proactive outbound calling to establish new relationships. Clearly articulating the HSBC process, policies and technical systems to Brokers.
· Ability to deliver superior service under challenging workload of call volumes, ensuring every customer has an exceptional experience. Strong complaint handling skills and ability to support BRM follow-up on the resolution of complaints. Execute suitable solutions with clients to fulfil their needs and ensure efficient follow up. Meet client expectations in terms of efficiency, accuracy, timeliness and professionalism.
· Proactively support colleagues, building excellent relationships. Ability to influence stakeholders at all levels to help deliver mortgage acquisition forecasts.
· Communicates effectively and works well with other key stakeholders that impact the client's experience of HSBC; in order to ensure a consistent approach and application of Premier standards.
· Efficiently manages time in order to support different BRMs and intermediaries concurrently
· Ensure all processes and procedures are accurate and in accordance with HSBC Bank credit and mortgage policy standards and regulatory requirements
· Comply with local regulations in all aspects of strategy, processes, client correspondence, administration, and complaint handling.
· Contribute to HSBC by creating and retaining market leading standards and controls.
The ideal candidate for this role will have:
· Experience working in relevant environment/s, i.e. Strong telephony sales skills and experience of working in a support function
· Experience working in relevant market/context, i.e. UK Mortgage intermediary or HSBC Mortgage market.
· Past working experience in a relevant role, i.e. Excellent administration and Customer Service skills with a keen eye for detail
· Experience of using relevant software packages, i.e. GEMS and browser main menu software systems
· Availability to work the shift pattern required for this role, i.e. please include the flexible working statement in the advert from the bottom of this form.
· A track record of gaining an understanding of customers' needs and delivering excellent customer service
· Self-awareness with confidence to work independently and take responsibility for own development
· Both spoken and written communication skills with experience of adapting your style and approach to the audience and message to be delivered
· Planned projects and activities systematically in line with business priorities, using a variety of analysis and problem solving techniques
· A comprehensive understanding of the regulatory frameworks and compliance requirements associated with financial services and experience of working within these
· Experience of building effective customer relationships which create customer advocacy
· Successfully engaged customers to understand their needs and identify sales/service opportunities
The base location for this role is Sheffield.
At HSBC we look to enable our employees to better balance work / life priorities and have the flexibility required to meet challenging needs as they progress through different life stages. Where possible we will consider the following flexible working options: part-time working, job sharing, term-time working, working from home and staggered hours. The availability of these options can be discussed with the recruitment team as part of the application process.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment.
Key search words: Broker Support Officer, Sheffield
HSBC est l’une des plus grandes banques internationales avec une présence dans plus de 85 pays dans le monde. Elle a été créée en 1865 sous le nom de « The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation », et son siège social est basé à Londres. En France, HSBC totalise environ 400 agences et près de 10 000 salariés, avec une spécialisation dans plusieurs activités : une banque pour les particuliers, spécialisées notamment dans la gestion de patrimoine, une banque privée (gestion de fortune), une banque d’entreprises, qui s’appuie sur le réseau de l’ensemble du groupe HSBC dans le monde, et une banque de financement, d’investissement et de marchés. En 2012, HSBC France a réalisé un résultat avant impôt de 450 millions d’euros.