Azure Scrum Master
Big Bank Funding. FinTech Thinking.
HSBC operates a ‘Cloud First' strategy - we strongly believe that the future of our infrastructure is on the Cloud, both Public and Private to accelerate our business capabilities.
The Azure Scrum Master will work within the globally distributed Azure Cloud Services team ensuring that the book of work is tracked, prioritised and delivered to the highest quality in a timely manner. Reporting to the Engagement Manager and working with the Azure Platform Lead, Engineering team, Product Managers, Engagement Manager, Operations Team and customers to ensure that all tasks are recorded, prioritised, estimated, capacity planned and delivered on time. The successful candidate will agree a hybrid agile process based on known standards (E.g. Scrum, Kanban Etc.) and coach the team in best practice. The role defines the metrics used to track continuous process improvement and works with other up and down stream stakeholders to ensure an efficient operating model. Implementation of process, practices and tools that are simple, consistent, efficient and flexible. The Scrum Master drives Agile and Lean frameworks that result in quality product delivery and continuous improvement. They embrace agility as a practice. The Scrum Master is responsible for removing impediments that hinder the team from reaching their goals and has a flexible approach that enables the team to rapidly respond to changes.
What you will be doing;
· Understand customers' overall functional and non-functional requirements, IT and business priorities and success measures to design implementation
· Own and maintain health of the Backlog.
· Plan and manage all agile related ceremonies (Stand ups, Sprint cycles, planning and estimation, Retrospectives)
· Maintain and manage all engineering and customer facing information and knowledge bases
· Gather requirements and provide continuous feedback loops between customer and Engineering teams
· Provide Management reporting to ensure data driven discussions for continuous improvement e.g. Velocity, Burn down etc.
· Define both quantitative and qualitative metrics to use for continuous improvement
· Own and administrate tools (Jira, GSD and Confluence)
· Understand customers overall functional and non-functional requirements, IT and business priorities and success measures
· Develop relationships with key customer IT decision makers, who drive long-term cloud adoption within the company to enable them to be cloud advocates
· Be a Voice of Customer to share insights and best practices, connect with Engineering team to remove key blockers
· Be an Azure Platform evangelist with customers, partners and external communities
· Collaborating closely with Azure and application teams to ensure a consistent standard and approach to cloud adoption
What you will bring to the role;
To be successful in this role you should have proven experience of the following;
· Experience and understanding of large scale deployments in enterprise-wide environments required
· Certified Scrum Master or Professional Scrum Master certification
· An understanding of CSP's and their services (Azure, Google, AWS)
· Acknowledged for driving decisions collaboratively, resolving conflicts and ensuring follow through with exceptional verbal and written communication skills
· Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort with both large and small audiences (Senior Executives, IT management and developers)
· Prior work experience in a consulting position within a software and/or services company with exposure working within/for Financial Services
· Experience in working in a global cross functional service management team
· Experience in dealing with multiple support groups that contribute to creating a service
· Customer/stakeholder focus. Ability to build strong relationships with Application teams, cross functional IT and global/local IT teams
· Good leadership and teamwork skills - Works collaboratively in an agile environment with Stakeholders to deliver the service.
This role is based in London.
Come Power a Business that Defines How to Power the World
As a business operating in markets all around the world, we believe diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why HSBC UK is committed to being an inclusive employer and encourages applications from all suitably qualified applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.
We want everyone to be able to fulfil their potential which is why we provide a range of flexible working arrangements and family friendly policies.
As an HSBC employee in the UK, you will have access to tailored professional development opportunities and a competitive pay and benefits package. This includes private healthcare for all UK-based employees, enhanced maternity and adoption pay and support when you return to work, and a contributory pension scheme with a generous employer contribution.
Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Tel: +44 (0) 207 832 8500