In this role, you will:
· Responsible for managing a team of investigators (between 8 to 10) tasked with conducting investigations concerning accounts/transactions where potential financial crime risk has been identified and, where necessary, referring and/or escalating such cases in accordance with the Investigative Reporting (Investigative Reporting) Procedures for regulatory decisions and filing and appropriate internal referrals for action.
What you’ll do:
· Responsible for managing the following activity:
· Effective and timely investigation into assigned cases in accordance with agreed standard reporting requirements and service level agreements. These cases may include:
· unusual activity reports from various parts of the bank as well as other HSBC entities as applicable, including other business lines and functions;
· escalated cases from transaction monitoring systems;
· escalated cases identified by true matches to screening lists escalated from Name Screening teams;
· cross-border referrals; and
· escalated cases from Fraud Operations.
· Ensure where appropriate, interaction with relevant stakeholders, including Complex and Major Investigations, and Customer Selection Exit Management (CSEM) (CSEM) Secretariat to manage financial crime risk is done in accordance with procedures.
HSBC is an equal opportunity employer committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and where opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. We encourage applications from all suitably qualified persons irrespective of, but not limited to, their gender or genetic information, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion, social status, medical care leave requirements, political affiliation, people with disabilities, color, national origin, veteran status, etc., We consider all applications based on merit and suitability to the role.
· Effective and timely investigation into assigned cases in accordance with agreed standard reporting requirements and service level agreements.
· Direct investigators to ensure processes are implemented in accordance with procedures and quality decisions and written products are produced in a timely manner.
· Provide information on completed investigations to Senior Management and other internal stakeholders for risk management, where appropriate
· Proven high quality spoken and written communication skills
· Strong communicator with good inter-personal and influencing skills.
***Issued by HSBC Electronic Data Processing (Guangdong) Ltd. GSC China***