Some careers grow faster than others.
Do you want to work for one of the world's largest global banks? Want to be part its exciting digital transformation? Do you want to engineer incredible products for millions of customers?
Well HSBC offers just that. It's exciting times here and if you're looking for a role that will give you the opportunity to grow, innovate and deliver cutting edge software then join us. Whether you want a career to take you to the top or simply take you in a new direction, HSBC offers fantastic opportunities, support and rewards that will help grow your career.
Global IT enables HSBC to remain at the forefront of software development by delivering top quality, customised banking solutions across 50+ countries. Increasingly our digital products are becoming the first point of contact for over 40 million HSBC customers, allowing us to embrace a rapid rate of change, the adoption of new technologies and utilise agile delivery methods. We believe in creating fantastic products with exceptional customer experience, ones that seamlessly integrate into our customer's lives.
Digital IT sits within Global IT with an annual budget of approximately $US 250-300 million. We're an international brand undertaking a major transformation and provide opportunities on a global scale.
We're looking for passionate, driven, team loving, kind, agile evangelising, technology enthusiasts to join the team and become part of our journey to shape and change the future of HSBC.
We are rebuilding our consumer facing digital products, from mobile banking to credit card applications. As part of that we are building a new platform to host and run all of this, making sure we have the highest levels of quality and customer satisfaction and you can help bring this to life.
As a Digital Atlassian SME you'll be supporting a team with full responsibility for the Digital Jira and Confluence. This is a key tool for Digital, so it's crucial to keep a 100% uptime of our Digital instance that can handle up to 15k of users.
About our team
The Digital Platform Operations team play an important role in delivery of the support to the cross functional teams within Digital somewhat 3000+ developer's. As well as devolvement and constant evolvement of the Digital CI/CD stack including Jenkins in AWS Github and other DevOps tools. We are a group of about 40 talented individuals, based in global locations such as HK/India/China/US/UK. As we continue to grow, our goals have remained the same;
· Have fun whilst working with the best technology and people
· Design and build the finest products we can
· Learn from the best and cultivate openness and respect.
· Learn constantly and share what we know
As an Atlassian SME your role includes:
· Managing and supporting the Jira and Confluence Service Desk
· General maintenance of the applications and servers
· Planning and implementing upgrade and migration tasks
· Building and maintaining integrations with other applications (e.g. Slack, xMatters)
· Implementing new functionality in the form of customisations and the introduction of new add-ons
· Providing training on the use of Jira, Confluence and associated add-ons and integrations
To be successful in this role you should meet the following requirements:
· Extensive experience administering Jira and Confluence
· Understanding and experience with the configuration and maintenance of Jira Service Desk
· Groovy, Python and SQL experience are a prerequisite
· Related Atlassian Certifications recommended
· Be a clear communicator, document your work, and share your ideas but also be open to giving and receiving feedback
· Ask ‘why', be inquisitive and want to solve interesting problems
· Be prepared to challenge the status quo and always be pushing for smarter ways of working
The base location for this role is Southwark Street, London
You'll achieve more when you join HSBC.
At HSBC we are open to different ideas and cultures and live by our values of being dependable, open and connected. HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by HSBC Bank Plc.
HSBC est l’une des plus grandes banques internationales avec une présence dans plus de 85 pays dans le monde. Elle a été créée en 1865 sous le nom de « The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation », et son siège social est basé à Londres. En France, HSBC totalise environ 400 agences et près de 10 000 salariés, avec une spécialisation dans plusieurs activités : une banque pour les particuliers, spécialisées notamment dans la gestion de patrimoine, une banque privée (gestion de fortune), une banque d’entreprises, qui s’appuie sur le réseau de l’ensemble du groupe HSBC dans le monde, et une banque de financement, d’investissement et de marchés. En 2012, HSBC France a réalisé un résultat avant impôt de 450 millions d’euros.