Some careers have more impact than others.
If you’re looking for a career where you can make a real impression, join HSBC and discover how valued you’ll be.
HSBC is one of the largest banking and financial services organisations in the world, with operations in 64 countries and territories. We aim to be where the growth is, enabling businesses to thrive and economies to prosper, and, ultimately, helping people to fulfil their hopes and realise their ambitions.
We are currently seeking an experienced professional to join our team in the role of Trade receivables .
Department Overview of GTRF
· Trade is a core product for HSBC Group across and provides various trade finance solutions to diversified customer segments in commercial and global banking space.
· GTRF follows “Follow the SUN model” to cater our global customer base.
· GTRF team is comprised of dynamic trade professionals who are committed and flexible to work in different time zones.
· GTRF also offers upskilling opportunities and sponsors technical certifications to keep the team members up-to-date of industry standards.
Roles & responsibilities
The nature of the role requires the expertise of the Trade business and industry standards such as UCP/ISBP/ ICC OPINIONS / URR/ URC and the ability to impart such knowledge to peers. As part of the role, the job holder would be expected –
· To handle both import and export document checking (including finance documents) for North American Markets (i.e. USA and Canada).
· To use his/her knowledge of the trade finance business, shipping incoterms, various regulations regarding anti-money laundering and sanctions to perform complex document checking.
· To have overall familiarity with trade cycle, different types of DCs, have an eye for details and be able to spot discrepancies/AML/Sanctions issues in documents.
· To efficiently manage the workload within agreed service levels.
· To be able to perform the responsibilities under least supervision and function as a subject matter expert.
· To be able to provide proper guidance on trade related issues to peers. Job holder should be able to conduct training for new joiners covering trade fundamentals.
· To share the ideas for streamlining and value addition to existing process to improve customer experience and reduce operational risk.
· To work in night shift as this role is for North American Markets.
· Education Qualification: Graduate in any stream.
· Previous experience, specifically in document checking and familiarity with transferred, confirmed DCs.
· Minimum 18 month hands on experience in document checking.
· CDCS candidates will be preferred.
· Excellent attention to detail and Ability to work unsupervised.
· Awareness of the structure of trade facilities and customer trade cycles
· An absolute commitment to service quality
· Ability to maintain control, direction and motivation in an ever-changing environment, Self-motivated to achieve results and accomplish objectives
· Ability to understand and implement HSBC’s internal policies.
· Excellent written, analytical, verbal communication skills and ability to prioritize work as per business requirement.
Candidate with less relevant experience or skills may be offered a lower Global Career Band than stated above.
Due to the urgent hiring need, candidates with immediate right to work locally and no relocation need will be prioritised.
The chosen candidate for this role will be required to undergo enhanced vetting. Subject to local laws, this will require the individual to satisfactorily pass a series of additional checks as part of the recruitment process and on an ongoing basis, if appointed to the role. HSBC Group reserves its position with regard to any steps which it may take in relation to any material adverse findings which arise either when the checks are originally completed, and/or if relevant, on an ongoing basis. For more information about the enhanced vetting for this role please contact the recruiter for this role.
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.