The health and safety of our employees and candidates is very important to us. Due to the current situation related to the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19), we’re leveraging our digital capabilities to ensure we can continue to recruit top talent at HSBC. As your application progresses, you may be asked to use one of our digital tools to help you through your recruitment journey. If so, one of our Resourcing colleagues will explain how our video-interviewing technology will be used throughout the recruitment process and will be on hand to answer any questions you might have.
Some careers open more doors than others.
If you’re looking for a career that will unlock new opportunities, join HSBC and experience the possibilities. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
HSBC Global Banking and Markets is an emerging markets-led, financing-focused business that provides investment and financial solutions. Through our international network, we connect emerging and mature markets, covering key growth areas. We partner with our corporate, government and institutional clients to help them achieve consistent, long-term performance. Our products and services include advisory, financing, prime services, research and analysis, securities services, trading and sales and transaction banking.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our team as an Associate, Trade and Transaction Reporting.
· Understand HSBC’s Global Regulatory Obligations, System Infrastructure & Reporting Mechanisms as well as OTC Derivative Products and the OTCD Market, and utilize this knowledge to identify reporting or operational inefficiencies and drive improvement
· Perform control activities to monitor reporting quality, identify, escalate and potentially remediate issues and reporting defects to internal stakeholders
· Interacting with Offshore / Onshore colleagues as part of daily controls
· Maintain comprehensive tracking of open reporting issues and defects
· Process all stakeholder (internal and external) requests/queries in timely and accurate manner
· Participate in Working Groups and Project meetings to drive for resolution of key issues
· Use acquired knowledge to identify and mitigate new reporting issues
· Assist in the generation of periodic and ad-hoc Regulatory Reporting management information metrics
· Producing regional Trade Reporting Governance packs for presentation to front-to-back stakeholders
· University Degree in relevant disciplines including Banking, Finance, Risk Management or Business
· Previous experience in a Risk or Control environment, and or similar within an Investment Bank or Financial Institution
· Demonstrated ability to team lead and experienced in management
· Knowledge of the main aspects of HKMA, CFTC, MAS, ASIC and EMIR trade reporting
· Strong analytical and investigative skills are essential including advances skills in MS Excel including Macro or Pivot and SharePoint
· Aptitude for continuous improvements and operational effectiveness by initiating process improvements
· Rigorous approach to controls and the minimization of operational risk with ability to self-evaluate own outputs
· Proven ability to prioritize tasks, set targets, and meet targets is necessary
· Leadership skills with ability to oversee and support junior staff with daily activities
· Technical understanding of how systems deliver regulatory reports
· Strong written and verbal communication skills with ability to quickly build rapport with wide range of stakeholders
To be considered for this role, the relevant rights to work in Hong Kong is required.
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited.