Role Title: Associate - Regulatory Business Support
Business: Wholesale Client Services
New or Existing Role-New
· Wholesale Client Services brings together client onboarding functions to operate as one single organisation with a view to provide full E2E client onboarding & client service support covering the entire client lifecycle for all product areas across the Wholesale Bank globally. This organisation brings together Client Lifecycle Management, Client Onboarding, Credit Analysis, Regulatory Business Support and Exits teams under a single unit. The Wholes Client Services Teams work closely with both the RMs and other key functions/product areas to ensure the operational management of client lifecycle events is independently managed with all the downstream functions while meeting the required client due diligence, global standards and regulatory requirements. This will be achieved through strong discipline on costs, operational risk & control management and strong client and service orientation.
· The Regulatory Business Support team offers client and business support for all regulations on behalf the Wholesale Bank including client outreach, implementing new processes, ongoing assurance and owning accurate regulatory classifications.
· The Regulatory Business Support (RBS) team offers client and business support for all regulations on behalf the Wholesale Bank including client outreach, implementing new processes, ongoing assurance and owning accurate regulatory classifications.
· The objective of the role of Regulatory Business Support Associate is to be the key point of contact for the Relationship Manager (RM) and Client Manager (CM) from a regulatory perspective. They will have a strong knowledge of key regulations such as EMIR, MiFID, SFTR, DFA and provide ongoing SME support to Business initiatives, Regulatory Change programs and BAU onboarding coverage. The role reports into Europe Regional Head of RBS.
· The purpose of the role includes, but is not limited to:
· Give visibility of the regulatory process within a location to key stakeholders, including information about alignment with HSBC’s policies and controls.
· Build alignment of the regulatory new business processes in line with client management process as required in the specific location.
· Partner with Regulatory Leads to review, communication and implementation of operational regulatory requirements which impact the Wholesale Bank.
· The Regulatory Business Support Associate will also direct the off shore team. They will be accountable for working closely with all functional teams to ensure priorities are aligned and that regulatory requirements can be met across the end to end process.
· Be the Regulatory SME; developing a detailed understanding of the requirements, system, process and procedures in order to advise the Business, Client Managers and off shore teams
· Provide regulatory support & advisory services to key market regulations as part of client onboarding lifecycle
· Strong collaboration with with Client Management and RM’s to ensure awareness and completeness of the regulatory requirements
· Provide regulatory support for ongoing business initiatives, including client migrations and new product launch offerings
· Adhering to all service level agreements and metric requirements at all times
· Responsible for ensuring assigned initiatives and demands are prioritized & resolved within agreed timeframes across RBS
· Manage communication & reporting of updates to other stakeholders including Business, Client Management, Legal and Compliance
· Highlight problems/blockages and take initiative to suggest ideas to change and improve processes
· Lead ad-hoc data analyses to support additional business demands
· Manage risks, issues and dependencies and ensure timely escalation for resolution
· Interpretation and analysis of regulatory data sets for regulatory adherence
· Strong emphasis on the maintenance of an effective and rigid control environment ensuring quality and adherence is never compromised.
Knowledge & Experience / Qualifications
· Ownership for the customer outcome – task focused but able to hold onto the required outcomes through the management of the individual tasks
· Strong knowledge of the regulatory requirements, particular EMIR, SFTR, DFA
· Proven experience interpreting and analysing data
· A self starter, motivated, able to work autonomously & commercially
· Strong interpersonal and team working skills
· Results focused individuals – driving the customer outcomes based on knowledge of the client outcomes and with expertise of the onboarding process
· Effective communicators able to build strong relationships with Client Manager, RM and the Client and provide transparency of regulatory activity required
· Strong organisation skills, able to manage a large number of activities at any one time; able to internalise activity in order to manage the complexity
· Commercially aware – understands the drivers behind the on-boarding requirement and the value to the bank of what is being requested and uses this knowledge to proactively manage the prioritisation, enabling function to align and deliver their activities
· Excellent client service skills
· Proficiency in PowerPoint, Excel and Visio. Experience in data analysis desirable.
· Solid and proven relevant work experience (supporting Relationship Managers, Sales or working in an operational middle office or client facing support function and focus on fund managers, hedge funds and complex products), within the banking / financial services industry.*
· *While this is a plus, it is not a requirement. The individual’s character, bearing and track record of sustained success in a customer facing, service delivery environment are of utmost interest.
We are a diverse workforce and it is part of our organizational culture, it reflects our belief that diversity of thought, background and perspective make HSBC a stronger organization. We strive to implement a culture that is inclusive, diverse, positive and performance-oriented. Having a diverse workforce allows us to benefit from a variety of perspectives and strengthens our local and global competitiveness. We value diversity in our workforce and encourage all qualified candidates to apply from a variety of perspectives and strengthens our local and global competitiveness. We value diversity in our workforce and encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
As a business operating in markets all around the world, we believe diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why HSBC is committed to being an inclusive employer and encourages applications from all suitably qualified applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.
We want everyone to be able to fulfil their potential which is why we provide a range of flexible working arrangements and family friendly policies.