The health and safety of our employees and candidates is very important to us. Due to the current situation related to the Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV), we’re leveraging our digital capabilities to ensure we can continue to recruit top talent at the HSBC Group. As your application progresses, you may be asked to use one of our digital tools to help you through your recruitment journey. If so, one of our Resourcing colleagues will explain how our video-interviewing technology will be used throughout the recruitment process and will be on hand to answer any questions you might have.
Some careers have more impact than others.
If you’re looking for a career where you can make a real impression, join HSBC and discover how valued you’ll be.
HSBC is one of the largest banking and financial services organisations in the world, with operations in 64 countries and territories. We aim to be where the growth is, enabling businesses to thrive and economies to prosper, and, ultimately, helping people to fulfil their hopes and realise their ambitions.
We are currently seeking an experienced professional to join our team in the role of Senior System Administrator .
Principal responsibilities/Job Intro/ Role Context/ Detailed Job Description
· The primary goal of ITID PPM Financial Management is to ensure the effective cost management across a large, complex change portfolio within ITID. The role is locted within the central PPM Practice function in ITID Portfolio and Programme Management.
· The PPM Portfolio Financial Accountant will report into the Global Portfolio Finance Manager and will support the ITID Change Portfolio working across a wide range of programmes in the management and analysis of data, process and governance pertaining to financials.
· 3+ years’ experience in VBA programming
· Strong knowledge of MS Excel macros to work with large datasets and Excel reports including Pivot Tables, Formulas, Graphs
· Experience in delivering performance optimization of Excel macros
· Analytical, logical and troubleshooting skills, needed to review, maintain and re-write or enhance existing VBA code if required
· Experience in identification of automation opportunities
Impact on Business
· Good stakeholder management skills, working with the portfolio leads to understand the business.
· Drive delivery and quality of financial management, across regions and entities of responsibility to meet set timelines.
· Support the monthly reforecasting cycle, acting as an SME to portfolios and provide advice and guidance as needed.
· Complile reports and provide first line commentary and analysis of variances and drivers.
· Actively seek to minmise variances across the portfolio and drive accurate forecasting by regular communication with portfolio and project leads.
· Ensure that all periodic (e.g. monthly, quarterly, annual) reporting for the team meets set deadlines.
· Support the implementation of changes in financial processes and controls
· Influence key financial stakeholders to drive efficiencies and effective utilisation of funds across regions and entities.
· Support the annual budgeting process as required
· Support portfolio and global governance forums in its effective resource management and utilisation
· Lead and participate in financial governance groups and collaborate with stakeholders on finanical planning and resource risks, issues and opportunities
· Actively encourage collaboration across various stakeholders from a demand, resourcing and financial perspective
Requirements/ Knowledge, Experience & Qualifications.
· Part qualified accountant (CIMA, ACCA), qualified AAT or accounting education at degree level with full understanding of accounting policies, forecasting of Cash and P&L, capitalisation processes and accruals/prepayments.
· Be able to communicate finance in a simple manner to non finance people.
· Proven experience of managing monthly forecasting of $50M+ in an IT department of a large, global corporation.
· Excellent stakeholder management.
· Knowledge of process improvement.
· Excellent understanding of common project management terms and concepts
· Self starter, dedicated and a team player.
· Organised and structured way of working.
· Ideally Banking experience.
· The role will be required to work UK hours.
Candidate with less relevant experience or skills may be offered a lower Global Career Band than stated above.
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.