Associate - MENA Debt Capital Markets (UAE Nationals Only)
Some careers have more impact than others.
If you’re looking for a career that will give you plenty of opportunities to develop, join HSBC and your future will be rich with potential. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
HSBC Global Banking and Markets is an emerging markets-led, financing-focused business that provides investment and financial solutions. Through our international network, we connect emerging and mature markets, covering key growth areas. We partner with our corporate, government and institutional clients to help them achieve consistent, long-term performance. Our products and services include advisory, financing, prime services, research and analysis, securities services, trading and sales and transaction banking.
To work within HSBC’s Dubai based debt capital markets team. Assisting the origination team in winning new mandates from MENA clients. Supporting the team in execution of the mandated transactions. Incumbent in the role is moving to a new position internally, leaving only 1 associate in the team. Deal flow and transaction volumes are up YoY so a replacement is warranted to avoid disruption to the franchise and continue to support our growth momentum. Regional coverage and product vertical heads are supportive.
In this role, you will:
• Assist in the preparation of pitches and other marketing material with regard to the public bond and private placement markets
• Assist with pricing updates and trade ideas
• Assist in all aspects of deal execution
• Ensure all aspects of control, from credit to KYC to compliance, are in good order
• Support all aspects of HSBC’s branding and marketing in this arena, including contribution to various award processes
• Undertake all required activities as directed by line manager or as agreed in annual objectives in support of the growing the Bank’s MENA debt capital markets business
• This role will involve client contact
To be successful in the role, you should meet the following requirements:
• Relevant work and transaction expertise in debt capital markets or investment banking team
• Strong analytical skills, with a strong emphasis on credit and operational risk
• Passionate about financial markets and knowledgeable of MENA markets
• Proven ability, with a successful record of accomplishment in operational and credit analysis
• Visible and motivational leadership, ability to influence others and work within a team setup
• Excellent interpersonal skills, with a particular emphasis upon inspiring, influencing and negotiating in dealing with customers and colleagues
• Ability to effectively plan and organize, with tenacity to drive through results and meet tight deadlines
• Strong acumen in the use of MS Excel and Powerpoint
• Fluency in English and Arabic (preferred)
For further details and application information please visit our careers site, searching under reference number .
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hong Kong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited.