Some careers have more impact than others.
We’re looking for progressive minds who are driven, perceptive and forward-thinking, who are open to different ideas and cultures, who can connect with our customers and who will work with courageous integrity every day.
As an HSBC employee in Australia, you will have access to tailored professional development opportunities and a competitive pay and benefits package. This includes market leading subsidised private health cover, enhanced parental pay/benefits and support when you return to work, wellness days and wellbeing programs as well as a highly flexible workplace culture.
HSBC Commercial Banking provides universal financial services support to corporate and institutional clients around the world. Leveraging the strength, scope and expertise of our global banking network, Commercial Banking is positioned as an essential partner to large enterprises seeking to maximise their potential, and offers streamlined business access to HSBC’s broad range of market leading banking products and services.
We are currently seeking an ambitious individual to join this team in the role of Relationship Executive, Large Corporates. The Relationship Executive is a corporate credit analyst role with a key responsibility of assisting the Relationship Managers in building strong relationships with clients, and the ongoing management of a customer portfolio. This is a multi-faceted role that requires candidates to have excellent time management skills to enable them to manage competing priorities, and the ability to collaborate with people at all levels including clients, peers, product specialists, industry specialists and other supporting internal stakeholders.
You will have a sound understanding of the international economic climate, conduct detailed credit risk assessments, triage product sales opportunities, coordinate the product fulfilment, and complete due diligence research for new business opportunities.
Your main responsibilities will include
· Timely and accurate preparation of credit submissions for existing clients and new to bank opportunities, with a strong focus on credit quality
· Developing and maintaining an in-depth understanding of customer industries and associated markets
· Managing the significant level of day-to-day administrative upkeep of an existing portfolio of clients and being a point of contact for clients
· Coordinating deal execution with key stakeholders including ensuring all documentation is prepared correctly and is in order prior to finalisation
· Supporting Relationship Managers in identifying, escalating, and documenting new share of wallet opportunities through provision of new HSBC products and services
· Ensuring good coordination and engagement with HSBC relationship managers in other offshore markets to deliver the Bank’s global abilities to the banks’ customers
· Harnessing efforts internally to deliver superior solutions to customers
· Ensuring a strong understanding and adherence to Credit Policy, Financial Crime Compliance and Regulatory Compliance
To be successful in this role, you will need
· Experience in commercial / institutional banking or Tier 1 Accounting Firms
· A tertiary qualification in a Finance / Accounting related discipline
· Strong knowledge of corporate banking facility structuring, preferably with experience in international transactions
· A demonstrated ability to build strong and lasting relationships with internal and external parties
· Adaptability and initiative will be well regarded, as the complexity and variety of the customer base ensures that no two situations are ever the same
· In-depth analytical skills, with a strong commercial orientation and focus on credit quality
· Excellent communication skills, high levels of motivation, commitment and a desire to succeed
· To consistently meet and exceed customer expectations through superior customer service
Due to current international travel restrictions and border closures, we can only consider candidates who hold either Australian Permanent Residency or Citizenship.
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website. Issued by HSBC Bank Australia Limited.