Associate - Real Assets and Structured Finance (UAE National)
Some careers have more impact than others.
If you’re looking for a role where you can continue to make an impression, take the next step at HSBC where your contributions will always be valued.
HSBC Global Banking and Markets is an emerging markets-led, financing-focused business that provides investment and financial solutions. Through our international network, we connect emerging and mature markets, covering key growth areas. We partner with our corporate, government and institutional clients to help them achieve consistent, long-term performance. Our products and services include advisory, financing, prime services, research and analysis, securities services, trading and sales and transaction banking.
The Real Assets and Structured Finance team (RASF) provides a full suite of services to corporates, financial sponsors, financial institutions and governments in a number of sectors, including Infrastructure, Real Estate, Transport, Logistics, Support Services, Renewables and Power & Utilities. The team provides a single point for clients to access financing and advisory services (including debt advisory and capital markets) in the context of infrastructure projects.
The sub teams within Real Assets and Structured Finance are:
1. Export and Asset Finance
2. Infrastructure Finance
3. Real Estate Finance
4. Structured Finance
In this role, you will:
• Creating marketing materials: Engaged in creating marketing materials such as pitch books, responses to requests for proposals and teaser documents
• Support in admin related matters: Maintain internal relevant information such as loan book, fee spreadsheets, pipeline, CME, ORC, Navigator, etc.
• Support in execution of mandated transactions: Preparing NDAs, mandate letters, Information memorandums, due diligence, analyse the transaction’s risk allocation, review of financing agreements, loan returns analysis and credit memos
• Financial modelling and analysis: Development of financial models to assess potential transactions. Including the evaluation of financial statements, credit metrics and debt sizing.
• Understands HSBC group strategy: Understand HSBC strategy as a global universal bank and its client centric approach. This will include knowledge of how the business is structured and organized, engages effectively with colleagues across businesses and products and works collaboratively in a global context
• Ability to multi-task: Proactively discuss with project team to understand the background comprehensively and prioritises and schedule time effectively
• Training and development: The Associate will be responsible for supervising the Analysts and Graduates in the pool to ensure their ongoing development
To be successful in the role, you should meet the following requirements:
• Strong quantitative and qualitative analytical skills with a proficiency in financial modelling including operational model, accounting, debt facilities, credit metrics and valuation analysis.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and market data services (e.g. Bloomberg, FactSet, Factiva, Datastream, etc.)
• A strong understanding of the financial markets, including an understanding of HSBC Group and products
• Experience in the processes undertaken for a bond issuance, acquisition financing, export finance, project finance and/or refinancing
• High levels of motivation and strong work ethic underpinned by an interest and passion for the sector
• Strong organisational and project management skills with ability to multitask, schedule time effectively and digest and convey complex information in an understandable and succinct story
• 3-4 years’ experience in debt advisory, structured finance, project finance, ratings advisory and/or other lending products, coupled with a strong understanding of the financial markets and experience
• An ability to model a broad range of debt products including term loans, RCF, bonds, inflation linked debt and derivatives
• Have an understanding of core credit analysis including financial covenants, rating agency methodologies and credit metrics. Understand and ability to model valuation metrics including IRR, FCFE, DCF and Comparables
• Ability to review, understand and summarise due diligence (Commercial, Environmental, Insurance etc.) as well as the underlying legal documentation required for Loan facilities
• Understand security principles and able to negotiate and develop appropriate financial structures across sectors
• Understanding of HSBC internal tools and systems such as CME, ORC, Navigator, etc.
For further details and application information please visit our careers site, searching under reference number .
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hong Kong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited.