Some careers have more impact than others.
If you’re looking for a career where you can make a real impression, join HSBC and discover how valued you’ll be.
HSBC is one of the largest banking and financial services organisations in the world, with operations in 64 countries and territories. We aim to be where the growth is, enabling businesses to thrive and economies to prosper, and, ultimately, helping people to fulfil their hopes and realise their ambitions.
We are currently seeking an experienced professional to join our team in the role of Senior Software Engineer.
- Gather, review and optimize business requirement and provide consultancy support
- Production of detailed specifications to allow business requirements to be understood and delivered by the Technology team
- Bridge and minimize the gap between Sub Value Stream leads and a variety of end users for the whole project life cycle, to ensure technical compatibility and user satisfaction
- Ensure compliance with all relevant internal control standards and external regulatory requirements
- Be aware of the Operational Risk scenario associated with your role and act in a manner that takes account of operational risk considerations
- Acquire and maintain knowledge in various areas of banking product, actively participate in team mentoring, coaching and knowledge sharing
- Translate business workflow, User Interface and User Experience into detailed product backlog, consisting of user stories
- Detail functional specifications for each step in the journey, for example validations of fields, user scenarios
- Drive sprint planning in close collaboration with relevant Product Owner and IT partners
- Responsible for functional and solution documentation, create and review test scenarios, support business and function teams for User Acceptance Testing, end user manuals and conduct trainings for Exchange to Exchange project delivery
- Own User Acceptance Testing of build through testing team
- Bachelor degree in Business, Information Technology or relevant disciplines
- A few years of working experience in Business Analysis, Customer Journey Design, Product Analysis, Requirement Analysis and Gathering, Technical design, and Data modelling. Advantage if have previous experience in the digital banking space
- Excellent in written and spoken English, and can communicate comfortably in full English environment
- Strong domain knowledge and experience working in banking and information technology, particularly around Client Messaging and alerts and Notifications applications
- Agile project delivery experience
- Strong analytical capabilities and learning ability, can quickly adapt to deal with new disciplines and projects and dig deeper into relevant business and IT knowledge
- Strong communication skills for navigating through business requirements, ability to involve others in discussions of alternatives, asking for their suggestions and steering them to a mutually acceptable position
- Multitasking and feeling comfortable to manage multiple projects at any time
- Able to work proactively and under pressure against multiple deadlines
Due to the urgent hiring need, candidates with immediate right to work locally and no relocation need will be prioritised.
The chosen candidate for this role will be required to undergo enhanced vetting. Subject to local laws, this will require the individual to satisfactorily pass a series of additional checks as part of the recruitment process and on an ongoing basis, if appointed to the role. HSBC Group reserves its position with regard to any steps which it may take in relation to any material adverse findings which arise either when the checks are originally completed, and/or if relevant, on an ongoing basis. For more information about the enhanced vetting for this role please contact the recruiter for this role.
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC.
HSBC is an equal opportunity employer committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and, opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. We encourage applications from all suitably qualified persons irrespective of, but not limited to, their gender or genetic information, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion, social status, medical care leave requirements, political affiliation, people with disabilities, color, national origin, veteran status, etc., We consider all applications based on merit and suitability to the role.”
Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
About HSBC Technology China