Responsible for developing financial analysis and industry assessments to help generate and evaluate potential cross-border M&A ideas, and support the execution of mandated advisory assignments. Work as part of a team to develop spreadsheet based analysis, create client presentations and coordinate the development of marketing materials for the purpose of winning M&A assignments. In transaction execution situations, the Associate will be responsible of managing day-to-day activities. The role requires high level multi-tasking capabilities, project management experience and a sharp attention to detail. As a critical conduit to clients, the Associate must exhibit professional demeanor and exemplary verbal and written communication skills. Associate will be responsible for the development and organization of Analyst training programs covering ‘best practices’, technical skills and transaction processes.
Employment eligibility to work with HSBC in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions
PERM Minimum requirements:
Must have a Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or a related field and 3+ years of U.S. investment banking experience.
Qualifying experience must include:
· Cross-border M&A transactions
· M&A concepts and skills include business valuation and transaction analysis
· Advanced financial modeling and GAAP fundamentals
· Public equity and debt capital markets
· Project management organizing processes across product teams and geographies
· Strong written and oral communication skills
· Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to develop and maintain relationships with clients and internally at all levels within the organization
· Bloomberg, Factset and CapitalIQ
· Must have FINRA Licenses Series 63, 79 & 7
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.