A Career with Hang Seng Bank
Hang Seng is committed to service excellence. Our people are our most important asset and play a vital role in our efforts to continually enhance our performance for customers and provide best-in-class products and services. We seek to attract high-calibre talent by offering a dynamic working environment, good career development opportunities and competitive compensation packages.
Assistant WPB Risk and Control Manager
WPB Chief Operating Office / WPB Risk and Control
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our department as Assistant WPB Risk and Control Manager.
· Assist in managing the Operational Risk Management Framework related initiatives and ensure deliverables are in line with Group and Regional Strategy and timeline
· Facilitate the review and update of the Risk & Control Assessments, and to ensure the assessments are dynamically maintained, based on all relevant risk triggers
· Assist in internal event reviews and analyze the root causes to address control weaknesses and to ensure the event is escalated to the appropriate senior management
· Assist in the preparation of the Risk & Control related committees and governance forums
· Facilitate management in decision making through insightful and concise recommendations from risk & control management reports
· Connect and work with stakeholders including Operational Risks, Business, Control Owners and Risk Stewards to implement enhancements
· Degree in a related discipline OR other relevant qualifications
· Minimum 2 years’ banking experience, preferably with exposure to retail banking business and knowledge of related regulatory requirements and risks and controls
· Strong attentiveness to detail, compliance and control orientation
· Good communication and interpersonal skills, with sound knowledge of application software such as MS Excel and Access an advantage
· Proficiency in both English and Chinese
· Great sense of ownership, time management and project management capabilities
The health and safety of our employees and candidates is very important to us. Due to the current situation related to the Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV), we’re leveraging our digital capabilities to ensure we can continue to recruit top talent at the HSBC Group. As your application progresses, you may be asked to use one of our digital tools to help you through your recruitment journey. If so, one of our Resourcing colleagues will explain how our video-interviewing technology will be used throughout the recruitment process and will be on hand to answer any questions you might have.