Wealth and Personal Banking (WPB)
Wealth and Personal Banking is our new global business combining Retail Banking and Wealth Management; and Global Private Banking, to become one of the world’s largest global wealth managers with USD1.4 trillion in assets. Our dedicated colleagues serve millions of customers worldwide across the entire spectrum of private wealth, ranging from personal banking for individuals and families, through to business owners, investors and ultra-high-net-worth individuals. We provide products and services such as bank accounts, credit cards, personal loans and mortgages, as well as asset management, insurance, wealth management and private banking, that best suit our customers’ needs.
We are currently seeking an experienced professional to join our team.
In this role, you will:
• Contributing to a standardized control monitoring approach covering the control monitoring activities aligned to the Operational Risk Management Framework (ORMF).
• Contributing to the delivery of the assurance of non-financial operational risk end-to-end and associated controls within 1LOD.
• Implementing the control monitoring plan to assess the control effectiveness on the key processes including thematic reviews,
• Identifying emerging risk issues and associated controls through control monitoring activity and provide guidance on remediation of issues identified.
• Acting as risk and control subject matter expertise (SME) by providing guidance to control owner on continuous monitoring activities/results based on the ORMF where material risks and key controls are identified and assessed, taking into consideration recent incidents, red/amber key indicators, audit findings, regulatory changes/findings, the changes in processes, emerging risks or threats, new products/services, etc.
• Building and maintaining strong, professional relationships with internal stakeholders (e.g. business, 2LOD etc.), promoting and demonstrating the value and effectiveness of WPB Risk & Control.
• Supporting the coordination with Internal Audit, Operational Risk and other assurance functions to align plans to prevent duplication, excessive or deficient assurance and identify key priorities.
To be successful in the role, you should meet the following requirements:
•Experience of financial services operations, compliance, audit and/or legal management or equivalent.
•Knowledge of financial services and able to demonstrate an understanding and appreciation of the challenges facing the global financial services industry and the changing regulatory landscape surrounding compliance organizations within the banking industry.
•Understanding of compliance and risk controls.
•Strong analytical, organizational, and strategic and/or operational planning skills. Lateral thinker with an ability to interpret and solve complex issues.
•Excellent communicator with strong collaborative, inter-personal and influencing skills.
•Compliance professional with experience in a previous compliance, operational risk and/or audit role/s is preferred.
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within and inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.HSBCJOC/HX|WX|51|ZP|LP
Issued by HSBC Bank (China) Company