The health and safety of our employees and candidates is very important to us. Due to the current situation related to the Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV), we’re leveraging our digital capabilities to ensure we can continue to recruit top talent at the HSBC Group. As your application progresses, you may be asked to use one of our digital tools to help you through your recruitment journey. If so, one of our Resourcing colleagues will explain how our video-interviewing technology will be used throughout the recruitment process and will be on hand to answer any questions you might have.
Some careers have more impact than others.
If you’re looking for a career where you can make a real impression, join HSBC and discover how valued you’ll be.
HSBC is one of the largest banking and financial services organisations in the world, with operations in 64 countries and territories. We aim to be where the growth is, enabling businesses to thrive and economies to prosper, and, ultimately, helping people to fulfil their hopes and realise their ambitions.
We are currently seeking an experienced professional to join our team in the role of Assistant Vice President- Business Management
· Support the implementation of a consistent and effective approach to business management across the functional areas
· Support the Compliance team in Chief Control Office activities including risk and issue management and continuous monitoring activities
· Support the implementation and management of the Non-Financial Risk Optimisation framework within the function locally
· Manage Compliance owned outsourced services, including co-ordination of outsourcing assessments and attestations in collaboration with Compliance process owners
· Collaborate with local Global Functions and Lines of Businesses on relevant matters (e.g. risk and issues management, sharing of best practices, outsourcing and vendor oversight) to drive timely and effective service delivery
· Support risk related or special projects [e.g. Supporting Skilled Person (SP), NFR projects]
· Working knowledge and keen understanding of risk and control management principles/frameworks
· Strong analytical and reasoning skills to assess, challenge and validate risks, controls and issues
· Ability to articulate and document risk/control assessments and issue closures
· Ability to multi-task and deliver across multiple concurrent activities
· Effective stakeholder engagement and management (stakeholders include regional Compliance control office, local Compliance risk and control owners, local business control officers, outsourcing governance manager)
· Experience in banking and finance, control offices, audit or assurance with exposure to financial crime compliance will be relevant
· Familiarity with MS Office
· University graduate preferably with a degree in Business Management, Accounting or Finance
· Experience in risk, controls and issues management
· Understanding of operational risk management
· Previous background of working in a large organization; ability to work with individuals at different levels
· Effective written and spoken communication skills in English
Due to the urgent hiring need, candidates with immediate right to work locally and no relocation need will be prioritised.
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC.
HSBC is an equal opportunity employer committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and, opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. We encourage applications from all suitably qualified persons irrespective of, but not limited to, their gender or genetic information, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion, social status, medical care leave requirements, political affiliation, people with disabilities, color, national origin, veteran status, etc., We consider all applications based on merit and suitability to the role.”
Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
***Issued By HSBC Electronic Data Processing (India) Private LTD***