A Career with Hang Seng Bank
Hang Seng is committed to service excellence. Our people are our most important asset and play a vital role in our efforts to continually enhance our performance for customers and provide best-in-class products and services. We seek to attract high-calibre talent by offering a dynamic working environment, good career development opportunities and competitive compensation packages.
Assistant Underwriting Manager
Hang Seng Bank was one of Hong Kong's bancassurance pioneers with insurance business footprint started since 1965. Over the years, Hang Seng Bank has been committed to serve its customers by providing full spectrum of insurance products including Life Insurance manufacturing, distribution of General Insurance and Medical products, and MPF business.
Insurance is a fast-growing business and is one of the key drivers of Hang Seng Bank. As a well-established insurance entity, we take care of every need of our customers with an optimized service excellence through the Bank’s retail and commercial network, with a dedicated team of professionals in place.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our department as Assistant Underwriting Manager.
· Processes all types of underwriting assessment on new insurance applications and after policy issue within the delegated authority
· Implements relevant underwriting processes and procedures in comply with regulatory requirements
· Assists upline manager to participate in various projects assigned
· Assists to review and revise internal underwriting manual, guidelines and practices
· Participates in development, maintenance and enhancement of workflow system, L/400 system including the user acceptance test, arranging implementation, etc.
· Provides underwriting service and support to distribution channels, branches and internal departments concerning underwriting area
· Gives feedback on underwriting process, procedures in order to improve efficiency and quality of underwriting operation
· Participates in ad hoc assigned projects and underwriting training
· University graduate preferable, but can consider individually subject to past record of working experience
· Minimum 2 years of solid experience in life underwriting will be an advantage to consider the post
· Possess or in pursuit of professional qualifications such as FLMI, ALU, etc will be an advantage to consider the post
· Individual candidat with life insurance working background but without underwriting experience will also be considered independently
· Knowledge in PC applications of software including Words, Excel and PowerPoint
· Proficiency in written communications and spoken English and Chinese
· Can work independently with strong job commitment, and also can work as a team
The health and safety of our employees and candidates is very important to us. Due to the current situation related to the Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV), we’re leveraging our digital capabilities to ensure we can continue to recruit top talent at the HSBC Group. As your application progresses, you may be asked to use one of our digital tools to help you through your recruitment journey. If so, one of our Resourcing colleagues will explain how our video-interviewing technology will be used throughout the recruitment process and will be on hand to answer any questions you might have.