The health and safety of our employees and candidates is very important to us. Due to the current situation related to the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19), we’re leveraging our digital capabilities to ensure we can continue to recruit top talent at HSBC. As your application progresses, you may be asked to use one of our digital tools to help you through your recruitment journey. If so, one of our Resourcing colleagues will explain how our video-interviewing technology will be used throughout the recruitment process and will be on hand to answer any questions you might have.
Some careers grow faster than others.
If you’re looking for a career that will give you plenty of opportunities to develop, join HSBC and your future will be rich with potential. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
HSBC Wealth Management leads the Asia-Pacific implementation of our global strategy to deliver world-class solutions to retail and private clients seeking to grow, protect, preserve or transfer their wealth. This involves the development and management of needs-based solutions covering foreign exchange, deposit, investment, insurance and financing products, as well as the provision of suitable market insights and updates, financial planning and advisory services.
We are currently seeking a high calibre professional to join our team as an Assistant Officer, MPF Operations.
· Perform various daily operational tasks and customer requests to ensure compliance with statutory deadlines where applicable.
· Train and develop subordinates so that staff can perform up to the required standard and successors can be identified.
· Ensure and improve efficiency and effectiveness of the team.
· Effective communication with subordinates, peers, supervisors, and other colleagues across teams.
· Handle special projects, ad hoc tasks, and other restricted transactions as assigned by supervisors.
· Assist in preparing statistics for management information and reporting purposes
· Need to be patient to customers requests as expectation from customers in terms of services and fund performance continue to increase
· High accuracy and to meet strict deadlines
· Able to adapt to changes quickly in terms of administration procedures and the statutory requirements as the regulatory framework is still continuously under review and amendments of legislation is still going on
· Require good interpersonal skills, planning and organization skills and training /coaching skills
· Ability to analysis problem and offer appropriate solution when handling daily administrative tasks
· Ability to pick up system knowledge quickly
· Able to detect potential problems and give suggestions to rectify them
· Knowledge of MPF Ordinance, Occupational Retirement Schemes Ordinance, Labour Ordinance, Data Privacy Ordinance, Employment Ordinance, Trust Ordinance and knowledge of bankruptcy issues and Policy / Deeds.
To be considered for this role, the relevant rights to work in Hong Kong is required.
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited.