Some careers open more doors than others.
If you're looking for a career that will unlock new opportunities, join HSBC and experience the possibilities.
Securities Services provides robust and reliable solutions that enhance performance and mitigate risk, today and in the future. Working with institutional investors, banks, insurance companies, governments and multinational corporations, Securities Services offers a range of fund administration, global custody, sub-custody and clearing, and corporate trust and loan agency services.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our team as Assistant Manager, Risk Framework, Governance and Reporting .
Ensure the operational risk framework for HSBC Securities Services Asia Pacific locations is consistent with the Group and global business framework
Conduct regular Risk and control reviews, new business, new products and new markets risk assessments, coordinate and manage the approach to operational risks in line with the Global HSS and GBM approach
Assist to implement Risk and Control Assessment and Internal Control Monitoring program to ensure all staff are fully aware of the importance and consequences of operational risks
Assist to drive comprehensive analysis and balanced judgment in the fulfilment of audit requirements, coordinate various internal and external control audits or reviews and ensure the timely implementation of audit recommendations
Provide operational risk and control advice to Asia Pacific locations in particular, interpretations and implementations of the group policies requirements
Prepare business risk and control monthly management reporting materials and analyse Key Risk Indicators and operational metrics
Promote risk awareness culture and best practices across Asia Pacific locations, assist business to remain compliant with operational risk management requirements set out in the Group Standards Manual
Provide technical support and research on all operational and control issues
Collaborate with other intergroup functions to exchange information, understand international trends, forge standards of best practice and assist in the implementation of policies and standards
Assist to devise and undertake adhoc projects for risk assessment and mitigation
· Degree holder, with experience prepares management reports and governance meeting materials
· Relevant experience in compliance, audit or operational risk in financial services industry
· Relevant product knowledge including knowledge of Securities Services such as Global Custody, Custody and Clearing, Corporate Trust and Loan Agency and Fund Services, is desirable but not essential
· Strategic thinker with strong analytical and project management skills to enhance procedures and controls
· Well developed project management skills, able to drive change and provide positive influence to achieve organization goals
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills, able to negotiate and work effectively with senior business and stakeholders across business divisions and geographies
· Self motivated, independent and able to appropriately prioritise work within a demanding workload
· Proactive with ability to think and act independently
You'll achieve more when you join HSBC.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.