Some careers shine brighter than others.
If you’re looking for a career where you can make a real impression, join HSBC and discover how valued you’ll be.
HSBC is one of the largest banking and financial services organisations in the world, with operations in 64 countries and territories. We aim to be where the growth is, enabling businesses to thrive and economies to prosper, and, ultimately, helping people to fulfil their hopes and realise their ambitions.
We are currently seeking an experienced professional to join our team in the role of Assistant Manager- Processing (Individual Contributor).
Global Service Centres
Our Global Service Centres are an integral part of Global Operations. Employees based there manage day-to-day customer transactions and processes for the global businesses. This may include transactions for our retail bank such as processing loans, credit cards, insurance and mortgage applications, opening new accounts, and managing customer enquiries through contact centres and digital platforms.
Purpose of Department
· Review RBWM credit applications to ensure that customer documentation and information provided are accurate and inputted appropriately
· Prepare RBWM credit applications for credit adjudication (i.e. Translation, Prepare administrative CARM documents)
· Analyze the information to confirm it is in line with HSBC regulatory and compliance requirements
· Escalate accordingly when fraud is identified or suspected
Roles & responsibilities
Role requires the following:
· Understand country specific credit policy and regulatory guidelines in order to assess credit worthiness of the customer and deliver right credit decisions on the unsecure lending requests submitted by customers.
· Process Credit Card/Loans and/or all related unsecured product applications submitted by customer in line with appropriate controls, company standards, regulatory guidelines and all applicable credit approval procedures.
· Verify documentation, Assess Customer Credit Worthiness, perform certain Fraud checks and review/ approve credit facilities within stipulated guidelines (credit policy).
· All approvals subject to assigned ‘limits of authority.’
· Meet and exceed PLA and KPI targets (Quality, RPH and Operating Efficiency).
· Produce MI as required.
· Identify and escalate potential risks, operational and otherwise.
· Support achievement of team objectives.
· Identifying and escalating issues
· Applying acquired knowledge to provide assistance to others
· Understanding and adhering to established policies and procedures in own team
· Supporting change initiatives and escalating any concerns
· Performing specific routine activities and processes, ensuring accuracy of tasks performed
· Education Qualification: Graduate. Commerce background, Accounting. (Essential)
· Minimum of one year proven experience in Indian mortgage operations, credit analysis or equivalent (Essential)
· Working knowledge of mortgage credit regulations and guidelines (Essential)
· Awareness of the types and nature of credit products and processes would be an advantage; (Desirable)
· Flexibility to work from home or office as per business requirement. Incase of Work from home, be able to arrange secure and sustainable environment for uninterrupted processing. (Essential)
· Flexible to work in any shift times as process demands, work split week offs and render Overtime as per business requirement. (Essential)
· Work location could be multiple and candidate should be flexible to relocate. (Essential)
· Strong analytical, problem-solving, communications, financial and interpersonal skills; (Desirable)
· Ability to work as an effective team member within the department and the company as a whole;
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills. (Essential)
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by HSBC Electronic Data Processing (India) Private LTD