Some careers open more doors than others.
If you’re looking for a career that will unlock new opportunities, join HSBC and experience the possibilities. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
We are currently seeking an experienced person to join the Fund Administration team (FS) within Securities Services. Securities Services provides robust and reliable solutions that enhance performance and mitigate risk, today and in the future. Working with institutional investors, banks, insurance companies, governments and multinational corporations, Securities Services offers a range of fund administration, global custody, sub-custody and clearing services. Management with a focus on customer-centric propositions and innovative and efficient distribution channels.
· The primary purpose of this job is to assist in providing fund accounting services to domestic clients (Mutual funds, Insurance companies, PMS clients and Alternative Investment Funds).
· Maintain and enhance working relationship with internal sections.
· SME (Subject Matter Expert) for the respective area of Operation.
· Assist the line manager in implementation of longer-term strategic vision for the operations unit. This includes testing and implementing system changes.
Impact on the Business / Function
· Accurate Trade processing: Uploading/checking of all trades executed by clients on the Fund Accounting system without any errors.
· Unit Capital Accounting: Uploading/inputting of unit capital data on the system to ensure accurate computation of NAV.
· Valuations and NAV computation: Assisting in accurate valuation of different types of instruments as per client valuation policy and computation/publishing of NAVs for relatively smaller clients in an accurate and timely manner (after all inputs have been fed into the system).
· Reporting: Generation/preparation of various client and regulatory reports as per prescribed formats and timelines.
· Process and Productivity Improvement - Contribute towards cost saving / revenue enhancement initiatives for the business by automating the manual processes thereby improving the productivity
Customers / Stakeholders
· Client SLA- Ensure that the client SLA are monitored and met at all times.
· Client requirements – Supporting in implementing the best possible solution for any new requirements from the client/regulators
Leadership & Teamwork
· Act as a back for other team members and ensure that none of the processes within the team are person dependent.
· Improve relationship and communication with the Internal customer (CSV) for better delivery to the client
Operational Effectiveness & Control
· Ensuring that the correct processes are followed for all the activities and ensuring the daily checklist are in place and followed on a daily basis.
· Ensuring standardized process is followed for all the clients and adopting best practices across all the clients.
· Maintain HSBC internal control standards, implement and observe Group Compliance Policy and maintain awareness of operational risk and minimize the likelihood of it occurring.
· Implement Global Standards
· The Indian securities market is evolving and very dynamic with regular changes in regulations, market procedures, types of investments etc. This demands the job-holder to manage constant change in terms of processes and systems.
· Clients are very demanding and their requirements are very specific and customised. These vary from client to client and there is no consistency in this regard (processes/report formats etc.). This requires the job-holder to ensure a high degree of flexibility in day-to-day servicing.
· The environment is quite unstructured and the job-holder is required to handle exceptions virtually on a day-to-day basis.
· The job-holder will be responsible for servicing clients who are relatively smaller and have less complex requirements.
· The job holder will be responsible to Act with courageous integrity and should adhere to HSBC values and Business principles.
The job-holder would be assisting in handling an asset-base ranging between HKD 1 - 3 billion. In terms of transactions, he/she would be responsible for processing around 60-70 transactions per day. He/she would also be assisting in the computation of around 25-30 NAV’s on a daily basis.
· Graduate, Post-Graduate, (Professional qualifications such as MBA preferred)
· 2-5 years’ relevant experience.
· The health and safety of our employees and candidates is very important to us. Due to the current situation related to the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19), we’re leveraging our digital capabilities to ensure we can continue to recruit top talent at HSBC.
· As your application progresses, you may be asked to use one of our digital tools to help you through your recruitment journey. If so, one of our Resourcing colleagues will explain how our video-interviewing technology will be used throughout the recruitment process and will be on hand to answer any questions you might have.
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC.
Diversity Statement, Data Protection and Entity Statement
As a business operating in markets all around the world, we believe diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why HSBC is committed to being an inclusive employer and encourages applications from all suitably qualified applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.
We want everyone to be able to fulfil their potential which is why we provide a range of flexible working arrangements and family friendly policies
Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited (HSBC) India