The health and safety of our employees and candidates is very important to us. Due to the current situation related to the Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV), we’re leveraging our digital capabilities to ensure we can continue to recruit top talent at the HSBC Group. As your application progresses, you may be asked to use one of our digital tools to help you through your recruitment journey. If so, one of our Resourcing colleagues will explain how our video-interviewing technology will be used throughout the recruitment process and will be on hand to answer any questions you might have.
Some careers have more impact than others.
If you’re looking for a career where you can make a real impression, join HSBC and discover how valued you’ll be.
HSBC is one of the largest banking and financial services organisations in the world, with operations in 64 countries and territories. We aim to be where the growth is, enabling businesses to thrive and economies to prosper, and, ultimately, helping people to fulfil their hopes and realise their ambitions.
We are currently seeking an experienced professional to join our team in the role of Assistant Manager – Information Management .
Wealth and Personal Banking is our new global business combining Retail Banking and Wealth Management; and Global Private Banking, to become one of the world’s largest global wealth managers with USD1.4 trillion in assets. Our dedicated colleagues serve millions of customers worldwide across the entire spectrum of private wealth, ranging from personal banking for individuals and families, through to business owners, investors and ultra-high-net-worth individuals. We provide products and services such as bank accounts, credit cards, personal loans and mortgages, as well as asset management, insurance, wealth management and private banking, that best suit our customers’ needs.
Global Pricing, Profitability and Product Analytics team is responsible to support all the WPB product lines across markets with the development product pricing analytics, product portfolio/acquisition analytics, profitability modelling, balance sheet optimisation and all other initiatives that supports for revenue growth and cost/capital optimisation for the business lines with in WPB. Typical activities vary from insight generation, modelling, automation, optimisation, simulation, adhoc analysis, reporting and recommendations to product teams and implementation with tracking of the performance
Information Management job family is designed to cater towards all the data needs of business. It covers sourcing of data and building structured data lakes, designing data marts generating Business Insights and hosting data in Cloud. Key responsibilities also include but not limited to: creation of a robust data foundation and continuous update of these datasets, to support Analysis and reporting, identify opportunities for data monetization, leverage BI and Visualization tools to deliver key business insights and develop self-serve BI solutions to empower the business to make informed decisions.
· The job holder is required to ensure the provision of complete, true and accurate analysis and report to functional management and senior executives under minimum supervision of his / her line manager, in order to facilitate effective decision making.
· The nature of work will require the role holder to take quick decisions in situations where complete information/data might not exist and he/she would need to apply business knowledge & intuition to make best case recommendations
· The role holder shall also be expected to guide and Analysts from a functional perspective and help them gain business understanding.
· In this role, the job holder will be under partial supervision and will undergo on the job training, however it is vital that the person in this role is able to learn new tasks very quickly. The role holder will be expected to execute on tasks/projects, once provided initial directional guidance.
· The role holder shall be expected to solve complex technical/business problems on his/her own without involving his/her line manager. The role holder will be expected to be responsible for thorough quality check (QC) of their own deliverables, and follow the departmental QC procedures as laid down by their line managers. They will also be expected to create departmental QC guidelines & ensure their adherence by his/her functional reports
· The role holder shall also be expected to be the primary SPOC for their assigned projects, for the business partner. In this role, they are supposed to set the correct expectations with respect to deliverables, TAT, follow ups etc. They are expected to actively manage the projects and bring to light potential road blocks
· Be able to execute/deliver against defined tasks. Develop new solutions/framework for the business problems.
· To be able to work independently on medium complexity tasks that would involve frequent changes to the process.
· Develop business domain knowledge and good working knowledge of tools [SAS, SQL, VBA, Unix, Qlik, R, Python and any other BI tools & Data technologies.]
· Interfaces with business/functions to translate business requirements into executable instructions/technical.
· Maintain the level of communication/interaction across the team and direct manager including onshore business partners
· Ability to comprehend intricate and diverse range of business problems and analyse them with limited or complex data and provide a feasible solution framework.
· Participate in the technical/functional sessions and ensures project results delivered on a timely manner.
· Works smoothly within the team and supports other co-workers.
· Can provide introductory training to junior teammates.
· Uphold the highest level of integrity and act as a role model for all HSBC values and business principles.
· Demonstrate a commitment to excel and perform to the highest standards.
· Robust error-free execution.
· Diagnoses underlying problems related to integrity of information deliverables. Consults with functional manager, business unit personnel, systems analysts and other end-users on issues impacting the project timelines and deliverables
· Adherence to Standard Procedures & Governance practices.
· Minimum 2 years of experience. Bachelor’s or Master’s degree from reputed university with specialization in numerical discipline and concentration in computer science, information systems or other engineering specializations.
· Exposure to advanced technologies like Cloud, Adobe Analytics, Bigdata, Hadoop etc. will have an advantage.
· Good knowledge of programming tools, preferably with proficiency in any one or combination of tools such as SAS, SQL, VBA, Unix, Qlik, R, Python and any other BI tools & Data technologies across any of the platforms UNIX, mainframe or Windows.
· Knowledge of Data Modelling and or exposure to Data Quality assessment and control (IBM MDM, Reference Data Management) is a plus.
· Working Knowledge of Devops is preferred.
Soft Skills requirements
· Written and verbal communication skills. Ability to develop and effectively communicate complex concepts and ideas.
· Ability to work in cross-functional teams. Strong interpersonal skills and drive for success.
· Maintain the level of communication/interaction across the team and direct manager including onshore business partners.
· Strong analytical skills with business analysis aptitude. Knowledge and understanding of financial-services/ banking-operations is advantageous.
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC.
HSBC is an equal opportunity employer committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and, opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. We encourage applications from all suitably qualified persons irrespective of, but not limited to, their gender or genetic information, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion, social status, medical care leave requirements, political affiliation, people with disabilities, color, national origin, veteran status, etc., We consider all applications based on merit and suitability to the role.”
Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
***Issued By HSBC Electronic Data Processing (India) Private LTD***