Assistant Manager – Digital Marketing Performance - 0000F3RC
The UK Marketing function is focused on supporting the strategic and revenue growth priorities of the Bank by delivering Fair outcomes for customers. The function focuses on understanding customers and the identification, development and execution of brand marketing strategies, campaigns and activities that support and strengthen the HSBC brand, support the drive for revenue and increase customer value and satisfaction in order to meet agreed targets and objectives at market level.
The role of the Assistant Digital Performance Marketing Manager is positioned in the UK Marketing team, and is responsible for supporting the targeting and measurement of digital marketing activity, through complex data analysis to deliver insights and prompt action. They will design and run controlled experiments to prove the impact of marketing activity and deliver incremental results, to enable UK Wealth and Personal Banking (WPB) to optimize spend and activity and to support strategic decision making through the planning process.
This role is working in the Performance Marketing team, ensuring that digital measurement and evaluation, regardless of channel, is strategically aligned to the brand and business, sharing best practice and ensuring that all activity is developed within a consistent UK framework. They support the wider marketing team, who are responsible for driving brand growth and sales across multiple channels and marketing disciplines.
Holders of this role are expected to demonstrate a good understanding of, and proificency in, statistics, data anyalysis and measurement, digital media channels, brand and trade marketing, marketing technologies and solutions; SQL, GA360, Attribution Models, MMM, with an ability to link them all together.
Your responsibilities will include:
· Embed the Performance strategy, ensure Marketing Performance & Effectiveness learning from campaign/activity PIRs is incorporated, where appropriate, into business briefs and campaign/activity development
· Work with the marketing team to set performance measurement standards, ensuring clear and measurable objectives are set against all marketing activity that can be assessed
· Ensure marketing performance results are reported and translated in a way that enables the marketing team and wider business to continually improve and optimize
· Reporting against campaigns on regular basis and provide actionable learnings and optimising accordingly
· Embed data through all we do (mixed media modelling/econometrics) to support strategic decision making on media and spend
· Support work to develop innovative measurement solutions and to optimize campaign performance
· Support implementation of an approach which measures digital media efficiency and effectiveness, channel utilisation, buyer behaviour, campaign effectiveness / efficiency and channel development
· Support design and run controlled experiments to prove the impact of marketing activity and deliver incremental result
· Identify opportunities to build own capability, through coaching and skill building as required
· Demonstrate an understanding of Marketing requirements/needs in the wider business in order to build stronger relationships with key stakeholders
· Active and engaged member of the UK Marketing team:
· Support the people agenda and role modelling the HSBC values
· Represent the Performance Marketing team internally and externally with clients and other third parties
· Support a focus on creating sustainable change, with a one-bank mindset
The ideal candidate for this role will have:
· Multi touch attribution (MTA)and incrementality practitioner
· Understanding of data and marketing technologies and solutions; SQL, GA360, MMM, with an ability to link them all together
· Ability to understand, analyse and query complex data / campaign performance data to deliver insights and prompt action
· Experience in designing and run controlled experiments to prove the impact of marketing activity and deliver incremental results
· Marketing literate with a strong understanding and experience of marketing theory, practice and principles, and the tools available to measure its performance effectiveness
· Good understanding and experience of econometric modelling principles
· Good understanding of all digital media channels
· Understanding of on and offline marketing metrics and KPIs
· Detail oriented, with the ability to quickly complete a large volume of high-quality work and to work collaboratively with multiple stakeholders internally
· Good strategic thinking capability, ideas creator and innovator
· High levels of personal integrity, can inspire trust in anyone
· Drive to maximise every opportunity
· Self-starter, able to drive continual learning in self and others
· Passionate about customers and delivering against customer needs
· Ability to connect marketing solutions to the needs and goals of the business
· A track record of constantly looking for ways to do things better
· Set and achieved challenging short, medium and long term goals which exceeded the standards in their field
· A flexible and adaptable management style with experience of developing yourself and others
· Good written and spoken communication skills; an ability to communicate with impact to wide and varied audiences, effective networking, influencing and interpersonal skills.
· Builds effective networks across business areas, developing relationships based on mutual trust and encouraging others to do the same
· Experience working in relevant environment/s, i.e. marketing, financial planning, marketing effectiveness
· Role relevant qualifications, i.e. degree level or equivalent is desirable but not essential
The base location for this role is 1 Centenary Square, Birmingham however can be flexible between Birmingham, Leeds or Chester.
As a business operating in markets all around the world, we believe diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why HSBC is committed to being an inclusive employer and encourages applications from all suitably qualified applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation. Within the work place you will have access to various employee resource groups which aim to promote and achieve a health work / life balance and support our diversity ambitions.
At HSBC we look to enable our employees to better balance their work / life priorities and have the flexibility required to meet challenging needs as they progress through different life stages. Where possible we will consider the following flexible working options: part-time working, job sharing, term-time working, working from home and staggered hours. If in considering a role with HSBC, you have a need for some flexibility in your working arrangements please discuss this with the recruitment team in the early stages of the application process.
Telephone: +44 2078328500