The health and safety of our employees and candidates is very important to us. Due to the current situation related to the Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV), we’re leveraging our digital capabilities to ensure we can continue to recruit top talent at the HSBC Group. As your application progresses, you may be asked to use one of our digital tools to help you through your recruitment journey. If so, one of our Resourcing colleagues will explain how our video-interviewing technology will be used throughout the recruitment process and will be on hand to answer any questions you might have.
Some careers have more impact than others.
If you’re looking for a career where you can make a real impression, join HSBC and discover how valued you’ll be.
HSBC is one of the largest banking and financial services organisations in the world, with operations in 64 countries and territories. We aim to be where the growth is, enabling businesses to thrive and economies to prosper, and, ultimately, helping people to fulfil their hopes and realise their ambitions.
We are currently seeking an experienced professional to join our team in the role of Assistant Manager - Decision Science.
Wealth and Personal Banking is our new global business combining Retail Banking and Wealth Management; and Global Private Banking, to become one of the world’s largest global wealth managers with USD1.4 trillion in assets. Our dedicated colleagues serve millions of customers worldwide across the entire spectrum of private wealth, ranging from personal banking for individuals and families, through to business owners, investors and ultra-high-net-worth individuals. We provide products and services such as bank accounts, credit cards, personal loans and mortgages, as well as asset management, insurance, wealth management and private banking, that best suit our customers’ needs.
Global Pricing, Profitability and Product Analytics team is responsible to support all the WPB product lines across markets with the development product pricing analytics, product portfolio/acquisition analytics, profitability modelling, balance sheet optimisation and all other initiatives that supports for revenue growth and cost/capital optimisation for the business lines with in WPB. Typical activities vary from insight generation, modelling, automation, optimisation, simulation, adhoc analysis, reporting and recommendations to product teams and implementation with tracking of the performance
Decision Science job family is structured to address business problems with quantitative solutions like building of predictive algorithms / forecasting / scenario simulations etc. Members of this Job Family are differentiated by their capability of converting a business problem into a quantitative construct, solve it with available statistical / mathematical methods (following the right rigour), engage with IT to implement and finally interpret the model outcomes in business language.
· Apply relevant analytical methods / algorithms to get actionable insights from HSBC's internal (both structured and unstructured) and external data sources
· Partner with IT / Data Engineering teams to create deployment road-map
· Provide actionable solutions with clear articulation of recommendations for the business stakeholders across geographies
· Independently manage delivery of analytics projects by working with business partners across regions / geographies
· Work in an agile model in a cross functional set-up
· Provide analytics support on product development/redesign across all or some of RBWM products – Cards, Loans, Mortgages and Liabilities for HSBC Group and assess the impact of changes in pricing and marketing programs on business profitability
· As a core contributor to deliver initiatives across Liabilities and Assets in the areas of the marketing concepts like Balance Transfers, Product Upgrades, Pricing, profitability, Originations, Retention, marketing optimization, Mortgage Prepayments etc. to increase revenue, product penetration to satisfy customer needs and optimizing the customer engagement etc.
· Identifying and implementing solutions to optimize HSBC’s balance sheet for greater profitability
· Delivering modelling/analytics to support securities portfolios decision making
· Adjust to higher capital ratios under Basel III and find opportunities to meet profitability targets
· Create asset level pricing engines which add up to a global view
· Refine the design of funds transfer pricing to closely align the costs and benefits of supplying or utilizing the bank’s balance sheet resources
Management of Risk/Internal Controls/Compliance:
· The jobholder will continually reassess the operational risks associated with the role and inherent in the business, taking account of changing economic or market conditions, legal and regulatory requirements, operating procedures and practices, management restructurings, and the impact of new technology.
· The jobholder will also adhere to and be able to demonstrate adherence to internal controls. This will be achieved by adherence to all relevant procedures, keeping appropriate records and, where appropriate, by the timely implementation of internal and external audit points, including issues raised by external regulators.
· The jobholder will implement the Group compliance policy by containing compliance risk in liaison with Global Head of Compliance, Global Compliance Officer, Area Compliance Officer or Local Compliance Officer. The term ‘compliance’ embraces all relevant financial services laws, rules and codes with which the business has to comply.
· This will be achieved by adhering to all relevant processes/procedures and by liaising with Compliance department about new business initiatives at the earliest opportunity. Also and when applicable, by ensuring adequate resources are in place and training is provided, fostering a compliance culture and optimising relations with regulators.
· Minimum 2 years of experience of using statistical concepts and (or) machine learning models to solve complex business problems
· At least Master's degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Engineering, Computer Science, Management or other quantitative fields of study
· Exposure to building statistical and (or) ML models for solving diverse business challenges and creating significant business value
· Knowledge and exposure to cloud analytics platform such as GCP, AWS Redshift, Azure etc. would be a plus but not mandatory
· Enthusiasm for proactively seeking, exploring and developing use cases for new data and/or tools/wider industry trends
· Strong business acumen with out-of-the box thinking to drive improved business performance
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to develop and effectively communicate complex concepts and ideas
· Experience in solving business problems end to end from conceptualisation to final insight delivery & benefit quantification
· Exposure to building mathematical optimization solutions & scenario models would be desirable
· Exposure to building front end tools would be desirable
· Strong analytical skills with hands on experience in various statistical modelling algorithms and its applications to business problems. Knowledge of forecasting, finance modelling techniques and machine learning algorithms is required.
· Exposure to visualisation and front-end tools is desirable
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC.
HSBC is an equal opportunity employer committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and, opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. We encourage applications from all suitably qualified persons irrespective of, but not limited to, their gender or genetic information, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion, social status, medical care leave requirements, political affiliation, people with disabilities, color, national origin, veteran status, etc., We consider all applications based on merit and suitability to the role.”
Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
***Issued By HSBC Electronic Data Processing (India) Private LTD***