The health and safety of our employees and candidates is very important to us. Due to the current situation related to the Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV), we're leveraging our digital capabilities to ensure we can continue to recruit top talent at HSBC. As your application progresses, you may be asked to use one of our digital tools to help you through your recruitment journey. If so, one of our Resourcing colleagues will explain how our video-interviewing technology will be used throughout the recruitment process and will be on hand to answer any questions you might have.
Some careers prize diversity more than others.
If you're looking for a career where you will be respected as an individual and valued for the contributions you make, join HSBC and discover how diversity drives our success. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
Global Risk is a thriving and expert risk management function supporting HSBC globally with all aspects of risk management. The team actively manages a varied and dynamic range of risk types, including security, fraud, information security, contingency, geopolitical, operational, credit, pension, insurance, financial crime and regulatory compliance, market and reputation risks. All parts of the Global Risk team use their skills, insight and integrity to handle established threats and those they see emerging, acting to protect and enable HSBC to deliver sustainable growth.
We are currently seeking a high calibre professional to join our team as a Assistant Manager Credit Risk Analytics (12 months contract) – Global Risk.
· The Assistant Credit Risk Analytics Manager is responsible for supporting Senior Manager or Head of Global Risk Analytics in the development and validation of wholesale Credit models, the related analytics support in Asia Pacific.
The job holder should also ensure global consistency in the development, implementation, and monitoring of wholesale credit methodology, policies and systems.
The role holder is also expected to provide both consultation and support on other risk analytics such as Stress Testing, IFRS9 and Economic Capital across key customer groups to build shareholder value and profitability and to protect employees, assets and reputation of the HSBC Group
Support the development and monitoring of risk policies, processes and tools that facilitate risk based business management.
Management of research, review, formulation and revision of wholesale credit policies and guidelines from modelling perspective
Support the interaction with customer groups and product groups to ensure understanding of credit risk models, policy and decision making or behaviour to achieve related aims.
Involve in the interaction with regulators and industry bodies on the risk rating systems matter.
Support evaluation of new and review on business initiatives or propositions and related credit proposal.
Contribute to Global Risk initiatives and success of local implementation.
Ideal candidate profile
· Degree holder or above in Finance, Mathematics, Risk Management, Statistics or a related field.
· Have some understanding of credit modelling, in particular within the wholesale environment
· Experienced in banking industry, including experience in Risk and in a business line
· Experienced in advanced modelling techniques, with an understanding in Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence a plus.
· Prefer to have a hands on experience in stress testing and risk modelling and validation
· Prefer to have experience in Basel and HKMA regulatory capital rules
· Able to work in a dynamic and multinational culture and cope with high pressure
· Proven writing and analytical skills
· Quantitatively capable.
· Hands on experience in S+, SAS, Python, R or any programming language
To be considered for this role, the relevant rights to work in Hong Kong is required.
You'll achieve more when you join HSBC.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited.