Assistant Manager - Affiliate Channel Manager - 0000F3YA
The UK Marketing function is focused on supporting the strategic and revenue growth priorities of the Bank by delivering fair outcomes for customers. The function focuses on understanding customers and the identification, development and execution of brand marketing strategies, campaigns and activities that support and strengthen the HSBC brand, support the drive for revenue and increase customer value and satisfaction in order to meet agreed targets and objectives at market level.
The Paid Media team is focused on using digital channels to drive efficient customer applications and sales across a group of products– primarily credit cards, loans, current accounts, insurance and mortgages. The team manages campaigns across display, paid search, paid social, aggregators and affiliate channels. The team works in close partnership with the Digital team who lead on website optimisation, analytics, and journey optimisation.
Supporting the Senior Affiliate Marketing Manager, the Assistant Affiliate Marketing Manager role is an important role in the marketing function, responsible for supporting the end to end delivery of digital marketing campaign activity.
This role is responsible for ensuring that aggregators & affiliates marketing communications activity and content is aligned to the brand and cohesive. They are responsible for supporting Digital sales across multiple channels and marketing disciplines.
Holders of this role are expected to demonstrate an understanding of key trends and areas of innovation which influence the way we interact and engage with our external customers, internal stakeholders and audiences. These could include marketing, new technology, Marketing Automation, Customer Relationship Management, Agile working practices, data application, tech and analytical tools.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Support full delivery of marketing campaigns from briefing to delivery across multi channels
• Reporting against campaigns on regular basis and provide actionable learnings and optimising accordingly
• Support the management of the digital allocated campaign/s marketing budget efficiently, striving for maximum ROI, ensuring that all campaigns are delivered within deadlines
• Work with business stakeholders to define the role for marketing campaigns and create compelling agency briefs, with clear objectives and targets
• Ensure Marketing Insight & Effectiveness learning from campaign/activity PIRs is incorporated, where appropriate, into marketing briefs and campaign/activity development
• Provide central liaison with segment and product teams to drive relevant marketing briefs which deliver targeted and creative direct marketing, and challenge where applicable
• Gain compliance, legal and brand sign-off for all direct marketing activity
• Deliver fair outcomes for our customers and ensure own conduct maintains the orderly and transparent operation of financial markets
• Ensuring that all digital marketing campaigns are delivered in a consistent and compliant manner by co-ordinating governance and operational issues, ensuring adherence to Global Standards and relevant FIMs
• Identify opportunities to build own capability, through coaching and skill building as required
• Demonstrate an understanding of Marketing requirements/needs in the wider business in order to build stronger relationships with key stakeholders
The ideal candidate for this role will have:
• Digital marketing experience, with understanding of data and tech applications and tools, Aggregators and Affiliate Marketing
• Commercial awareness and understanding of product profitability dynamics
• Good negotiating skills and supplier management skills
• Both spoken and written communication skills with experience of adapting your style and approach to the audience and message to be delivered
• Comfortable working under time and volume pressures.
• 100% focus on delivery – all campaigns to be delivered on time and on budget
• Experience of managing budgets on an ongoing basis, managing campaigns across multi-media and multi-channels
• Good analytical skills, and the ability to interpret results and action next steps
• Good organisational skills with good attention to detail, a passion for quality, and an ability to plan, to prioritise and to escalate where necessary. Proactivity is key.
• Achieved targets, met expectations whilst supporting and encouraging others to do the same
• Capable team member and participant, able to solve problems individually or in groups and committed to personal development
• Marketing literate with experience across multiple channels and multiple categories
• Ability to work within and adapt to an environment which experiences significant change
• Planned projects and activities systematically in line with business priorities, using a variety of analysis and problem solving techniques
• Experience of project management, utilising relevant tools and techniques to ensure consistent delivery
• Experience working in relevant market/context, i.e. a market leading brand is desirable but not essential
• A sound understanding of the regulatory frameworks and compliance requirements associated with financial services and experience of working within these is desirable
• Relevant product knowledge including knowledge of Financial Services is desirable but not essential
• Understanding of marketing principles and segmentation techniques desirable
The base location for this role is London however could offer some flexibility.
As a business operating in markets all around the world, we believe diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why HSBC is committed to being an inclusive employer and encourages applications from all suitably qualified applicants irrespective of ethnicity, religion, age, physical or mental disability/long term health condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by local law in the jurisdictions in which we operate. Within the work place you will have access to various employee resource groups which aim to promote and achieve a healthy work / life balance and support our diversity ambitions. HSBC has in place processes in order to avoid nepotism, which means to avoid creating circumstances in which the appearance or possibility of conflicts of interest may exist within the hiring process.
At HSBC we look to enable our employees to better balance their work / life priorities and have the flexibility required to meet challenging needs as they progress through different life stages. Where possible we will consider the following flexible working options: part-time working, job sharing, term-time working, working from home and staggered hours. If in considering a role with HSBC, you have a need for some flexibility in your working arrangements please discuss this with the recruitment team in the early stages of the application process.
Telephone: +44 2078328500