A Career with Hang Seng Bank
Hang Seng is committed to service excellence. Our people are our most important asset and play a vital role in our efforts to continually enhance our performance for customers and provide best-in-class products and services. We seek to attract high-calibre talent by offering a dynamic working environment, good career development opportunities and competitive compensation packages.
Assistant Data and Analytics Manager
Risk and Compliance – Data Management Department, Wealth and Personal Banking Risk
Hang Seng's Risk and Compliance ("RKM") strives to maintain a well-balanced risk profile for the Bank while enabling businesses to thrive. Our team actively manages a varied and dynamic range of risk types. We are dedicated to collaborate with businesses, other functional units and regulatory bodies to develop and implement robust and customized risk management frameworks and measures to maintain the strong market position of the Bank.
Wealth and Personal Banking Risk (“WPB Risk”) Data Management - actively manages data management strategies including but not limited to data governance, data policy, data architecture and data analytics, and other data and regulatory projects under retail credit risk.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our department as Assistant Data and Analytics Manager.
· Work as a lead under WPB Risk Data Management for data management, analytics and projects.
· Review and enhance risk data architecture to ensure compliance with internal and regulatory requirements for Basel 3 Reform, Risk Reporting, Basel Model, IFRS 9 and Stress Test
· Support the impelmentation of data management framework for WPB Risk including data governance, data quality monitoring and data quality issue management
· Support on-going compliance activities on BCBS 239, Data Management FIM and other Group / Regulators standard.
· Support data program and data asset management under retail risk including Cloud migration and Data Analytics initiatives
· Support the implementation of Basel and IFRS 9 models
· Prepare capital monitoring and regulatory reports for management review
· Support regulatory disclosures and analytics for both HKMA and PRA
· Assist other regulatory and data management related projects as requested
· Liaise with all relevant stakeholders from Risk, Finance, Business and IT teams and build effective working relationships.
· University degree or post graduate qualification in Statistics, Risk Management, Data Science, Computer Science, Management Sciences or a related discipline
· Minimum of 3 years’ experience in credit risk management, project management, data analytics, data management, with sound knowledge of risk analytics and regulatory requirements
· Proficiency in data analyses using technological tools such as SAS, Python, Tableau, GCP tools, Excel and SQL is a must
· Excellent communication, analytical, project management and interpersonal skills
· Self-motivated, with the ability to meet tight deadlines and make decisions independently
· Proficiency in both English and Chinese
· Great sense of ownership and servicing mindset to ensure efficient and effective customer service processes
Candidates with less experience will be considered for the position Data and Analytics Officer .
The health and safety of our employees and candidates is very important to us. Due to the current situation related to the Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV), we’re leveraging our digital capabilities to ensure we can continue to recruit top talent at the HSBC Group. As your application progresses, you may be asked to use one of our digital tools to help you through your recruitment journey. If so, one of our Resourcing colleagues will explain how our video-interviewing technology will be used throughout the recruitment process and will be on hand to answer any questions you might have.