The health and safety of our employees and candidates is very important to us. Due to the current situation related to the Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV), we’re leveraging our digital capabilities to ensure we can continue to recruit top talent at HSBC. As your application progresses, you may be asked to use one of our digital tools to help you through your recruitment journey. If so, one of our Resourcing colleagues will explain how our video-interviewing technology will be used throughout the recruitment process and will be on hand to answer any questions you might have.
Some careers open more doors than others.
If you’re looking for a career that will unlock new opportunities, join HSBC and experience the possibilities. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
HSBC Life is a world-class institution where you can specialize in Insurance but enjoy the advantages that come with being part of a leading global international bank. Insurance is about people, and the promises they make. At HSBC Life we help deliver on these promises by providing a wide variety of life insurance products and services to our clients throughout the Asia-Pacific region.
Our employees enjoy a dynamic and innovative workplace and a world of opportunities to develop their careers in a high-profile growing business segment. We empower our team of high-performing individuals to build skills and explore new experiences to realize the full potential of being part of HSBC.
Together we pursue efficient ways of working. We harness the latest data and technology solutions to achieve meaningful outcomes for our clients. The protection we offer creates broad and lasting impact, helping clients to be healthier, more productive and more confident in their futures.
We are currently seeking a high calibre professional to join our team as an Assistant Claims Manager - HSBC Life .
· Assist to direct and guide subordinates to ensure proper assessment and settlement of all claims as to achieve KPIs
· Assess and approve claims by providing fair, professional and quality settlement and managing customer expectation with flexible solution
· Provide regular training and support to ensure and enhance claim knowledge of the team
· Coordinate and participate in enhancement or initiative activities, new products as to meet business needs and improvements on operations efficiency and customer experience
· Prepare regular and/or ad-hoc claims reports and analysis for management and/or audit and administrative works
· Ensure claims procedures and documentation is adhered to the HSBC requirements
· Degree holder, preferably with progress in professional insurance qualification such as FLMI or LOMA
· Solid experience in relevant pre-approval and claims experience in individual life/medical insurance industry
· Independent, self-motivated, well-organized, good team player and able to work under pressure
· Strong interpersonal skills including communication at all levels of internal counterparts, brokers or customers and analytical skills
· Good command of written and spoken English and Chinese
· Good computer skill, proficient in MS Office, Excel and PowerPoint
To be considered for this role, the relevant rights to work in Hong Kong is required.
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited.