A Career with Hang Seng Bank
Hang Seng is committed to service excellence. Our people are our most important asset and play a vital role in our efforts to continually enhance our performance for customers and provide best-in-class products and services. We seek to attract high-calibre talent by offering a dynamic working environment, good career development opportunities and competitive compensation packages.
Assistant Business Risk and Control Manager
Investment Services - Business Management and Mainland Project Development
Hang Seng's Investment Services business offers a full spectrum of investment products and services to both private and corporate investors. Our customers can invest in over 400 investment funds managed by reputable international fund houses. The funds cover different asset classes, including global equities, bonds, money markets and foreign exchange markets. We also provide asset management services for retirement schemes, institutional investors and charitable organizations.
We provide various structured products for investors as an alternative investment choice for enhancing their potential returns, while our currency-linked deposits and forex margin trading are able to provide investors with opportunities to capitalise on the FX market. Besides, we also offer bond investments to selected personal customer segments for a stable return.
We are currently seeking high caliber professional to join our department as Assistant Business Risk and Control Manager.
· Establish and maintain effective risk management and controls within Investment Products and Advisory Business by assessing operational risks and performing review of control procedures and monitoring programs, working with other departments on their operational risk management, ensuring adequate controls are in place in the First Line of Defense
· Coordinate with relevant business units to ensure the proper and timely recording and reporting of operational risk issues and their corresponding management action plans
· Assist to establish the governance framework for the monitoring and oversight of operational risk issues by senior management
· Assist in the relevant control monitoring and managements, arrange the regular and ad-hoc review and return on the control related request, coordinate with relevant parties and Subject Matter Experts to ensure the division adherence to Group policies, statutory requirements and regulatory guidelines
· Propose and implement quality enhancement and control strengthening initiatives in response to the review findings, business initiatives and Group policies update
· Promote operational risk awareness, including briefing and training to staff, sharing of internal / external incidents, etc
· University degree in Finance, Accounting or related discipline
· 3 - 5 years' relevant experience in banking, with exposure to risk control, and relevant qualification
· Sound knowledge of retail banking, investment markets, products and regulations, operational risk management, financial crime compliance or other related areas
· Strong business sense, self-motivated with good communication, logical and positive thinking, interpersonal and analytical skills
· Strong business acumen with good problem solving, communication and analytical skills
· Ability to bring divergent ideas to create new and valuable solutions
· Be curious and with passion to think deeply and rationally
· Resilience to stress, able to unlock full potential and prepare for the future of work
The health and safety of our employees and candidates is very important to us. Due to the current situation related to the Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV), we're leveraging our digital capabilities to ensure we can continue to recruit top talent at the HSBC Group. As your application progresses, you may be asked to use one of our digital tools to help you through your recruitment journey. If so, one of our Resourcing colleagues will explain how our video-interviewing technology will be used throughout the recruitment process and will be on hand to answer any questions you might have.