Wealth and Personal Banking (WPB)
Wealth and Personal Banking is our new global business combining Retail Banking and Wealth Management; and Global Private Banking, to become one of the world’s largest global wealth managers with USD1.4 trillion in assets. Our dedicated colleagues serve millions of customers worldwide across the entire spectrum of private wealth, ranging from personal banking for individuals and families, through to business owners, investors and ultra-high-net-worth individuals. We provide products and services such as bank accounts, credit cards, personal loans and mortgages, as well as asset management, insurance, wealth management and private banking, that best suit our customers’ needs.
We are currently seeking an experienced professional to join our team.
In this role, you will:
This role is as RBWM representative to cope with regulators as well as RC, FCC to ensure all RBWM related compliance policies (both internal and external) are well implemented at CNQ level and provide due guidance to frontline in favor of their implementation:
- Oversee Counter process;
- Maintain external regulatory and HSBC internal compliance and control standards, implement and observe Group Compliance Policy and maintain awareness of compliance risk and minimize the likelihood of it occurring;
- Provide resolution on compliance issues rose from both internal and external;
- Submissions as per stipulated deadlines. Information to be accurate and high quality and provide meaningful updates when reviewed by Senior Management and other Stakeholders;
- Coordinate relevant parties to clear regulatory items in RBWM CNQ and facilitate frontline in favor of their rectification. Responsible for own effectiveness, development and results;
- Suggest ideas and contribute to implementing actions that will improve customer service, quality or the way teams and individuals work together;
- Adhere to HSBC policy, procedures and control requirements applicable to day-to-day working, exceptional and project activities, and raise any concerns about actual or potential issues promptly, in line with reporting and escalation procedures;
- Continuously monitor and gather information to assess potential impacts and identify possible risks and opportunities for the business;
- Apply policies, procedures, practices and standards to their allocated tasks, taking responsibility for their own actions, to ensure the achievement of high levels of quality, effective risk management and regulatory compliance.
To be successful in the role, you should meet the following requirements:
• Bachelor degree or above;
• At least 3 years relevant working experience in Retail Banking;
• Good communication skill and people management;
• Fluent English and Mandarin in speaking and writing;
• Disciplined; honest; self-initiative; responsible; constructive and have good analytical and logical thinking;
• Strong problem solving skills;
• Appropriate local certifications for Sales/Risk roles;
• Good working knowledge of HSBC and the RBWM division including relevant sales and risk systems is preferred.
You’ll achieve more at HSBC.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within and inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.HX|WX|51|ZP|LP
Issued by HSBC Bank (China) Company