At HSBC, the health and well-being of our employees remains of utmost importance. Many of our roles are permitted to work from home (in states in which HSBC is licensed to operate) until further notice.
HSBC is seeking an Analyst to join its Asset Based Lending Group. HSBC’s Asset Based Lending Group supports the bank’s Middle Market, Large Corporate and Global Banking segments targeting domestic and international companies with annual revenues ranging from $50MM to $5BN. Based in NYC, the group is looking for someone to work in tandem with Senior Underwriting Managers, Senior Portfolio Managers, and Relationship Managers across the U.S. and globe. Primary roles and responsibilities include financial statement spreading, underwriting (collateral and financial analysis), and the execution, including loan documentation negotiations, of existing bank customers credit requests and ongoing portfolio supervision.
Key Responsibilities and Roles
· Work alongside Senior Underwriting Managers, Senior Portfolio Managers, and Relationship Managers to analyze new to bank ABL lending opportunities
· Responsibilities include collateral and financial due diligence, financial modeling, legal diligence and general business diligence
· Preparation of final credit approval memos consisting of company and industry summaries, collateral analysis, financial analysis including the preparation of base and downside case projections and identification of key risks and mitigants; begin to develop an understanding of the various legal aspects of structuring a loan
· Develop working relationships and interact with key internal partners and groups including Relationship Managers, Financial Sponsors Group, Leverage Finance, Collateral Examination Group, Capital Markets, various Industry Verticals, internal Credit Approvers and In-House Legal as well as various third parties including Company Management, external Legal Counsel and Collateral Appraisers
· Assist Management and the ABL Group with various ad-hoc marketing projects
Management of Risk
· Ensure compliance, operational risk controls in accordance with HSBC or regulatory standards and policies; and optimize relations with regulators by addressing any issues
· Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the HSBC brand
Employment eligibility to work with HSBC in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
· Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, accounting, or related field
· One year of asset based lending or general credit training preferred however not required
· Strong planning, negotiations, communications, analytical and organizational skills
· Ability to work well in a team environment, build personal relationships with current and potential clients and demonstrate strong and succinct written and verbal communication skills
· Desire and ability to build personal relationships with current and potential clients
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.