The health and safety of our employees and candidates is very important to us. Due to the current situation related to the Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV), we’re leveraging our digital capabilities to ensure we can continue to recruit top talent at the HSBC Group. As your application progresses, you may be asked to use one of our digital tools to help you through your recruitment journey. If so, one of our Resourcing colleagues will explain how our video-interviewing technology will be used throughout the recruitment process and will be on hand to answer any questions you might have.
Some careers have more impact than others.
If you’re looking for a career where you can make a real impression, join HSBC and discover how valued you’ll be.
HSBC is one of the largest banking and financial services organisations in the world, with operations in 64 countries and territories. We aim to be where the growth is, enabling businesses to thrive and economies to prosper, and, ultimately, helping people to fulfil their hopes and realise their ambitions.
We are currently seeking an experienced professional to join our team in the role of Business Analyst .
· To lead the definition of detailed project delivery scope and approach for the ‘Customer advocacy and engagement’ sub Value stream (part of Customer Value stream) which has data driven projects, application hosting to different market.
· To facilitate work-shops with business stakeholders to identify detailed requirements for data driven project This includes working closely with quantitative risk SMEs to provide expert advice and guidance on creating those requirements in the first instance and prioritizing them.
· To lead and manage the creation of the functional and business requirements documentation (BRD) needed for the project.
· Manage Project scope, RAIDs, milestones and run governance forums with senior stakeholders to monitor these. You will get to work with Customer value stream, where focus would be deploying complaints tools across market, enhancing Net promoter score across,
· You will work closely with the business owners from varied regions to understand their reporting requirement and finally design/ developing a global product.
· You will get an opportunity to work in an Agile mature project with well-defined refinement processes.
· You will own delivery of the work assigned and drive it to successful completion right from requirement gathering till defect resolving and quality product delivery into markets.
What you’ll do:
· Bridging the gap between business expectations and tech capabilities to get a workable module developed which provides utmost user value.
· Data Analysis- think through from Business perspective and apply which all Data / reports / metrics required for Business purpose and help in visualization (qliksense)
· Adhering to Agile / Scrum processes and methodology religiously
· Prioritizing backlog for getting the most viable and valuable product to be delivered
· Refining stories as per prioritization and form thin vertical sliced stories to work upon in single sprints
· Planning the work of the Scrum Teams following Sprint Planning events and user story sizing
· Perform verification and validation of the components to ensure user expectations are met
· Coordinating across geographically distributed teams to form a development synergy for building an end to end product (UK, India, China)
· Facilitating discussions, decision making post analysis
· Applying backlog tracking, burn-down & other reporting metrics, velocity and task management
· Assisting with internal and external communication, improving transparency and dissipating information
· Clearly understanding project vision, goals, and Product Backlog items and feeding the same to Scrum Team
· Understanding long-term product planning in an empirical environment
· Should have experience is handling any Data driven project (Data Analysis) and applying Business rules by considering different consideration, constraint and carve out MVPs for Business benefit.
· Good experience working in an Agile Software Delivery environments and adhering to all the rituals related to agile and scrum religiously
· Fully proficient in understanding and adhering prioritization, refinement and design processes
· Keen on taking full responsibility of a delivery and improving the end to end system
· Good skills and keen eye on understanding and analyzing the requirement impact on end to end system and proactively provide feedback on gaps
· Must be proficient in coordinating amongst different teams and setting up an understanding of requirement in synch with the different components of the system
· Excellent organizer, must be able to be a voice of reason and authority
· Communication skills need to be advanced and evident in recent assignments
· Ability to facilitate discussion and facilitate alternatives or different approaches
· An active interest in self-development and improvement
· Skilled working in JIRA, Confluence, MS vision & Office
What you will need to succeed in the role:
· Interpersonal and articulation skills.
· Team orientation and commitment to overall team success.
· Efective time management skills in order.
· Manage multiple priorities with flexibility on time zones and timelines.
· Logical and analytical thinking, problem solving skills.
What additional skills will be good to have?
· Experience of being a scrum business analyst in a sizeable Java based web project.
· Professional Scrum Product Owner (PSPOI) and similar certification is desirable.
· Understanding web services and cloud basics
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC.
HSBC is an equal opportunity employer committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and, opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. We encourage applications from all suitably qualified persons irrespective of, but not limited to, their gender or genetic information, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion, social status, medical care leave requirements, political affiliation, people with disabilities, color, national origin, veteran status, etc., We consider all applications based on merit and suitability to the role.”
Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
***Issued By HSBC Software Development Centre***