Senior Business Analyst
Big Bank Funding. FinTech Thinking.
Our technology teams in the UK work closely with HSBC's global businesses to help design and build digital services that allow our millions of customers around the world, to bank quickly, simply and securely. We also run and manage our IT infrastructure, data centres and core banking systems that power the world's leading international bank.
Our multi-disciplined teams include: DevOps engineers, IT architects, front and back end developers, infrastructure specialists, cyber experts, as well as project and programme managers.
We work in small, agile DevOps teams with colleagues around the world from our offices at the Bluefin Building in Southwark, our global headquarters in Canary Wharf, and multiple other locations around the UK including Sheffield, Leeds, Barnsley and Birmingham.
Following extensive investment across our Technology and Digital domains and with plans for continued expansion throughout 2019 and beyond, we are currently seeking a number of experienced Senior Business Analysts to join HSBC Technology.
Brief overview of the business areas
What you will be doing;
· The department within which the role is based is HSBC, Global Banking and Markets IT (GBM IT) – Futures Clearing IT
· A Senior Futures Back Office IT Specialist is required with strong analytic and development skills to join HSBC in London to work as part of the Global ETD (Exchange Traded Derivatives) technology team.
· The role requires the candidate to be a subject matter expert in HSBC's Back Office offering – RANsys and XTP, as well as the end to end flows from trade capture, settlement, regulatory reporting, accounting, risk etc
· To work with Production Support and manage on behalf of HSBC business users to deliver changes which result from support issues
· Support the budget management for related BP's for ETD
· Work with business, IT, Regulatory and Operation teams to manage the prioritisation, development and delivery of HSBC initiated Change Requests
· Manage BA resources for prioritised projects
· Integrate a testing team to support regression and functional project testing for ETD related projects
What you will bring to the role;
To be successful in this role you should have proven experience within the Technology sector with knowledge of the following skills:
The Senior Business Analyst will be responsible for:
· All analysis coordination front to back, tech and business teams
· Leadership through scrum call development for analysis and project overview
· Actively drive the roadmap and delivery to the business lines
· Shaping complex business problems across different parts of the architecture
· Capturing business & functional requirements in key parts of the strategic solution through liaising with key business users and stakeholders and producing Business & Functional Specifications.
· Designing appropriate and innovative solutions to meet the business requirements, leveraging and enhancing existing capabilities where possible (but will likely to be a combination of existing applications, new build and use of external vendors)
· Liaising with the other business analysts and project managers on the team to drive out appropriate phasing of the delivery of the desired solution
· Liaising with external vendors and market participants (e.g. the clearing houses or ION Trading) to assess, select and deploy appropriate solutions
· Working closely with Development team in ETD and all downstream systems to implement and test the deliveries made against the functional specifications.
· Experience of large scale change initiatives encompassing several discrete functional areas (Required)
· Experience of the investment banking environment (Required)
· Experience Futures Clearing business (Required)
· Experience of structured project methodology framework (Highly Desired)
· Business knowledge of ETD Derivative products (Futures & Options) (Required)
· Business knowledge of either OTC Clearing products and other exchange traded products (Desired)
· Knowledge of any of the following operational areas and/or associated IT groups:
· Trade booking or Middle office (Required)
· Back Office/ Trade Processing (Required)
· Front to back project experience (Required)
· Knowledge of relevant regulatory regimes e.g. DFA, EMIR, MiFID II (Required)
Business Analysis & Project Management
· Experience of having written and completed complex business analysis deliverables within the context of large scale change initiatives or front to back projects (Required)
· Experience of Agile/DevOps software development
· Ability to translate agile status to organisation wide reporting that stick to waterfall mind sets
· At least 5 years RANsys or XTP development experience (Required)
· Clearing implementation experience on RANsys (Required)
· Completed functional specifications (Required)
· Complete application solution assessments to determine the appropriate application solution to meet the requirement (Required)
Worked with vendors to assess, implement, deploy a vendor based solution
These roles will primarily be London site based at our Head Office in Canary Wharf
Come Power a Business that Defines How to Power the World
As a business operating in markets all around the world, we believe diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why HSBC UK is committed to being an inclusive employer and encourages applications from all suitably qualified applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.
We want everyone to be able to fulfil their potential which is why we provide a range of flexible working arrangements and family friendly policies.
As an HSBC employee in the UK, you will have access to tailored professional development opportunities and a competitive pay and benefits package. This includes private healthcare for all UK-based employees, enhanced maternity and adoption pay and support when you return to work, and a contributory pension scheme with a generous employer contribution.
Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.