Role Title: Agile Business Analyst
New or Existing Role: New run the bank
· The HSS Automation Program aims to create efficient, scalable, straight-through Robotic Process Automation (RPA) to create capacity for global business growth. This role will support the co-ordination of all Automation activities across a defined business area, region or process. The role holder will work with the business to define, document and analyse current business processes, design new processes (with a view to automation) based on lean principles in line with and often by redefining Product Operating Models and implement the end to end agreed future state processes.
Impact on Business
· Employs an improvement mind set to identify and define issues or problems that are less obvious; participates actively and constructively in brainstorming meetings where problems are discussed and/or resolved
· Brings structure and order to undefined problems and/or large scale problems, making them easier to address and solve
· Uses systemic thinking and creativity in devising solution options
· Evaluates potential benefits and obstacles of potential solutions before implementing
· Articulates or translates complex information in clear, meaningful and structured way to suit audience
· Thinks ahead to identify potential risks to service or performance and deals with them proactively; effectively manages review processes to identify quality issues early
· Builds effective working relationships with teams in the Automation Hub and works well with all internal stakeholders
· Working across teams and regions to gather quantitative information on existing processes (FTE, supply/demand profiles).
· Map processes and value streams identifying potential waste improvement opportunities.
· Manage the collation and communication of the Automation Demand Pipeline
· Collaborate across HSS Service Delivery and Business Process Design Teams to support and manage the priorities for execution of the pipeline.
· Present summary of findings to stakeholders and walk them through to-be design of the automated process (i.e. process demo’s, solution design workshops)
· Support the creation of Pod documentation – IPA, Business Cases, Process Design Document (PDD) and Solution Design Document (SDD) etc
· Understand the risks, assumptions, and dependencies associated with the business processes
· Support the programme management with impact assessment for change requests on design, scope, time, budget or effort on programme plan.
· Build strong relationships, adopting a joined up approach, to execute change at pace without conflict.
· Analyse stakeholder goals and effectively manage expectations via regular contact to clearly communicate progress, issues and risks.
· Promote a change culture facilitating best practice sharing across HSS and championing the Automation approach.
· Develop and maintain an understanding of business processes
· Ability to drive change in HSBC
· Build Relationships across Multiple HSS Business Line and Jurisidictions
· Reports directly to the HSS RPA Programme Lead
· For the estimated scale of the HSS RPA Hub the Business Analyst – Automation does not functionally manage a team of any professionals
Management of Risk
· The jobholder will ensure the fair treatment of our customers is at the heart of everything we do, both personally and as an organisation
· This will be achieved by consistently displaying the behaviours that form part of the HSBC Values and culture and adhering to HSBC risk policies and procedures, including notification and escalation of any concerns and taking required action in relation to points raised by audit and/or external regulators
· The jobholder is responsible for managing and mitigating operational risks in their day to day operations. In executing these responsibilities, the Group has adopted risk management and internal control structure referred to as the ‘Three Lines of Defence’. The jobholder should ensure they understand their position within the Three Lines of Defence, and act accordingly in line with operational risk policy, escalating in a timely manner where they are unsure of actions required
Observation of Internal Controls
· Maintains HSBC internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators
· Adheres to and be able to demonstrate adherence to internal controls. This will be achieved by adherence to all relevant procedures, keeping appropriate records and, where appropriate, by the timely implementation of internal and external audit points, including issues raised by external regulators
· Understands, follows and demonstrates compliance with all relevant internal and external rules, regulations and procedures that apply to the conduct of the business in which the jobholder is involved, specifically Internal Controls and any Compliance policy including, inter alia, the Group Compliance policy