A Career with Hang Seng Bank
Hang Seng is committed to service excellence. Our people are our most important asset and play a vital role in our efforts to continually enhance our performance for customers and provide best-in-class products and services. We seek to attract high-calibre talent by offering a dynamic working environment, good career development opportunities and competitive compensation packages.
Actuarial Analyst, Valuation
Hang Seng Bank was one of Hong Kong's bancassurance pioneers with insurance business footprint started since 1965. Over the years, Hang Seng Bank has been committed to serve its customers by providing full spectrum of insurance products including Life Insurance manufacturing, distribution of General Insurance and Medical products, and MPF business.
Insurance is a fast-growing business and is one of the key drivers of Hang Seng Bank. As a well-established insurance entity, we take care of every need of our customers with an optimized service excellence through the Bank's retail and commercial network, with a dedicated team of professionals in place.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our department as Actuarial Analyst, Valuation.
· Be responsible for day to day actuarial work related to financial reporting and other actuarial analytics related issues
· Perform Valuation reporting on IFRS basis, local statutory basis and new business
· Produce source of earning analysis and stress test
· Conduct experience analysis, regulatory filling, annual operating plan and business forecast
· Ensure that proper control is in place as required by SOX and other internal policies
· Implementing company policy and contributing to the attainment of functional results
Ideal candidate profile
· University graduate in Actuarial Science, Risk Management or related discipline
· 0-2 years of actuarial work experience
Good progress with actuarial examinations
Strong self-motivation with ability of working effectively under pressure and commitment to process improvements
Some knowledge on computer programming language and Actuarial Software is preferred
Proficiency in both English and Chinese
Great sense of ownership and servicing mindset to ensure efficient and effective customer service processes
The health and safety of our employees and candidates is very important to us. Due to the current situation related to the Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV), we're leveraging our digital capabilities to ensure we can continue to recruit top talent at the HSBC Group. As your application progresses, you may be asked to use one of our digital tools to help you through your recruitment journey. If so, one of our Resourcing colleagues will explain how our video-interviewing technology will be used throughout the recruitment process and will be on hand to answer any questions you might have.