Actuarial Analyst – Secondment/FTC – 12 Months - 0000F6C9
The purpose of the role is to contribute to the actuarial and analytical work produced in the following areas e.g. experience analyses, financial reporting, local regulatory reporting, economic capital, model development and governance, pricing and ad-hoc project work. You will also be responsible for the development, maintenance and improvement of the processes for the above activities.
In this role, you will be responsible for:
· Supporting the lead on relevant aspects of pricing new products and
· Quality assurance of wider team’s deliverables including junior member’s deliverables
· Maintaining standards/requirements for actuarial work undertaken by the team
· Contributing effectively to team meetings
· Contributing to a productive team environment
· Ensuring work undertaken meets best practice and recognized actuarial standards (internal manuals and external as set by professional bodies)
· Ensuring compliance with quality control
· Supporting and mentoring more junior members on improving operational effectiveness and control.
To be successful in this role you will need to have:
· A part qualified actuarial with exam passes or exemptions in at least one subject, or looking to work towards qualification
· Knowledge and full understanding of financial services products
· Experience of Excel and Prophet
· Ability to communicate information in a confident and structure manner to all levels of management.
· Ability to influence business managers, to establish and maintain co-operation
· Good organisational and planning skills
· Ability to operate within cross functional teams
· Significant leadership and customer relationship management skills
The base location for this role will be Whiteley.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment.
Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
As a business operating in markets all around the world, we believe diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why HSBC UK is committed to being an inclusive employer and encourages applications from all suitably qualified applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.
We want everyone to be able to fulfil their potential which is why we provide a range of flexible working arrangements and family friendly policies.
Telephone: +44 2078328500