The health and safety of our employees and candidates is very important to us. Due to the current situation related to the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19), we’re leveraging our digital capabilities to ensure we can continue to recruit top talent at HSBC. As your application progresses, you may be asked to use one of our digital tools to help you through your recruitment journey. If so, one of our Resourcing colleagues will explain how our video-interviewing technology will be used throughout the recruitment process and will be on hand to answer any questions you might have.
Some careers open more doors than others.
If you’re looking for a career that will unlock new opportunities, join HSBC and experience the possibilities. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
HSBC Life is a world-class institution where you can specialize in Insurance but enjoy the advantages that come with being part of a leading global international bank. Insurance is about people, and the promises they make. At HSBC Life we help deliver on these promises by providing a wide variety of life insurance products and services to our clients throughout the Asia-Pacific region.
Our employees enjoy a dynamic and innovative workplace and a world of opportunities to develop their careers in a high-profile growing business segment. We empower our team of high-performing individuals to build skills and explore new experiences to realize the full potential of being part of HSBC.
Together we pursue efficient ways of working. We harness the latest data and technology solutions to achieve meaningful outcomes for our clients. The protection we offer creates broad and lasting impact, helping clients to be healthier, more productive and more confident in their futures.
We are currently seeking a high calibre professional to join our team as Actuarial Analyst, HSBC Life .
· Provide support in delivering the financial and business analyses for managing the product portfolio of the company, which involves all line of life products including universal life, participating products, non-participating products and ILAS products.
· Assist in product centric transitions analysis to adapt to changing business and market environments, e.g. HK RBC, IFRS17
· Actively working with Actuarial and Reinsurers to deliver competitive insurance products which fit the company’s product strategy.
· Assist in business profitability analysis and in depth product review/analysis
· Contribute product centric view needed to formulate a firm-wide reinsurance strategy.
· Assist in ad-hoc projects.
L ife & Reinsurance support
· Prepare special quotations and responses to customer enquiries.
· Develop and maintain the illustration tools for special quotations and bespoke policy benefit illustrations.
· Maintain reinsurance monitoring and integrity of payments
· Knowledge transfer to the contractors in the Product Management team
· Motivate and guide the self-development of more junior staffs.
· University graduate or above
· Preferred experience in life insurance industry in Hong Kong
· Experience in actuarial field, such as pricing, valuation, reporting, asset liability management is preferred.
· Possess strong technical and programming skills
· Be a self-motivated, pro-active self-starter with the ability and attributes to act and perform with minimal direction or instruction;
· Possess strong interpersonal, customer service and communication skills
· Be able to work under pressure
To be considered for this role, the relevant rights to work in Hong Kong is required.
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited.