HSBC is Canada’s leading international bank – there is no one like us in this market.
Our ability to bring our global experience and perspective to evolving trends and issues in Canada has been a tremendous benefit to our clients. With our offer of unique banking solutions, as well as an extensive global network, no one is better placed to support internationally minded individuals and businesses.
HSBC helps companies and individuals across Canada to do business and manage their finances internationally through three global business lines: Commercial Banking, Global Banking and Markets, and Wealth and Personal Banking.
It’s through this global connectivity that you will find yourself inspired, collaborating with colleagues not just locally but also across continents and cultures.
Wealth and Personal Banking
We help clients to manage, protect and grow their wealth. We offer a range of services from personal banking, mortgages and loans to investment, savings and wealth management products. Our international network and breadth of expertise enables us to support individuals, families, business owners, investors and entrepreneurs around the world.
Key Objectives for Account Services Representative:
This position reports to the Account Services Team Leader and will provide operational support to the Direct Investing Center. Primary responsibilities will include processing of administrative requests as requested by clients, HSBC Branch representatives
· Make outbound client and HSBC Branch representative calls, and other follow-up calls.
· Respond to inquiries from client, sales team, and Call Center. Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the HSBC brand.
· Deliver fair outcomes for our customers and ensure own conduct maintains the orderly and transparent operation of financial markets.
· Receive and perform a compliance review on all new account opening documentation.
· Responsible for follow up on all deficiencies with sales team and clients to ensure all required documentation is received in a timely manner.
· Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the HSBC brand.
· Ensure that all employees are aware of and effectively identify and manage applicable money laundering (ML), terrorist financing (TF), sanctions and reputational risks.
· Complete other responsibilities, as assigned.
Knowledge & experience / Qualifications:
· Postsecondary education or equivalent
· CSC an asset but not required.
· Working knowledge of day to day operations/administration of client accounts an asset.
· Back office Discount or Full Service brokerage experience preferred
· Well-developed communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills.
· Well-developed organization and prioritization skills.
· Proficiency in MS Word/Excel/Access
· Working knowledge of ISM an asset
· Strong time management skills
· Multilingual skills (English, French and/or Chinese) are considered an asset
· Can speak Mandarin and Cantonese
As a business operating in markets all around the world, we believe diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why HSBC Canada is committed to being an inclusive employer and encourages applications from all suitably qualified applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.
If this is not the ideal role for you, we invite you to sign up to our talent community so that we can update you about job opportunities and career events in your area of interest. We are always looking for people with purpose and ambition who can help us build the bank for the future.
We encourage all Indigenous peoples of North America and Persons with Disabilities to self-identify in their applications. In addition, we invite you to reach out to Matt Woods, our Diversity Recruitment Relationship Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org for support during the selection process.