Windows System/Software Engineer
Hewlett Packard Enterprise advances the way people live and work. We bring together the brightest minds to create breakthrough technology solutions, helping our customers make their mark on the world.
HPE makes Hybrid IT simple. HPE helps customers to design the right mix of Hybrid IT to serve their unique needs. We bring next generation infrastructure that uses intelligent software to simplify and accelerate the delivery of new apps, services and business insights. Providing with new ways to deliver and manage IT on-premises and in the cloud.
· Designing and developing new Windows drivers and management software products in a timely manner adhering to high quality standards.
· Developer testing owned deliverables.
· Working with Software Testing / QA organizations to achieve quality requirements.
· Troubleshooting / Debugging product issues related to Microsoft Windows.
· Collaborating with cross functional and remote project team members for successful project completion.
· Working with external partners as needed.
· Designs enhancements, updates, and programming changes for user space application, command line interface programs or Windows Services.
· Investigate newly released Windows features, gain understanding in depth, identify gaps or integration with HPE server products, and create/maintain reference architecture.
· Writes and executes complete testing plans, protocols, and documentation for assigned portion of application; identifies and debugs, and creates solutions for issues with code and integration into application architecture.
· Participates as a member of project team of other engineers and internal and outsourced development partners to develop reliable, cost effective and high quality solutions for assigned system portion or subsystem.
· Collaborates and communicates with management, internal, and outsourced development partners regarding software systems design status, project progress, and issue resolution.
Education and Experience
· Bachelor's or Master's degree in Mechanical, Electrical, or other Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent
· Minimum 5-10 years of experience
Knowledge and Skills
· Understanding of modern computer architecture, x86 CPU concept or ARM CPU concept, Operating System concept.
· Working experience with some of industry standard specification such as PCIe, USB, I2C, ACPI, SMBIOS, UEFI, or Redfish(RESTful API).
· Working experience with one of the following programming language: C/C++, C#, Java.
· Expertise in Windows Debugging/Trouble-Shooting.
· Windows driver or application development.
· Highly Prefer:
· Python, PowerShell, Perl, batch/shell scripting.
· IT/Computer Security related knowledge.
· Windows Server OS feature/service configuration & deployment.
· Ability to apply analytical and problem solving skills.
· Nice To Have:
· Big Data.
· Software-Defined-Network or Software-Defined-Storage.
· Linux OS/kernel experience.
· GPU or FPGA experience.
· Artificial Intelligence & Machine Learning.
· TOEIC Score of 600+
Join us and make your mark!
· A competitive salary and extensive social benefits
· Diverse and dynamic work environment
· Work-life balance and support for career development
· An amazing life inside the element! Want to know more about it?
Then let’s stay connected!
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.