As part of the Experience Studio at Hewlett Packard Enterprise, you will be making our industry-leading customer experience vision a reality. You will be a user interface and user experience designer behind products integrating HPE's design system (https://design-system.hpe.design/). You will be collaborating amongst small, agile, and high-caliber design teams with visibility at the highest levels of HPE. You will work with the broader team to ensure the success of HPE's as-a-Service transformation.
We are a design-driven, agile organization looking for a person capable of creating, collaborating, and communicating designs with stakeholders and developers to implement and execute on a product's vision. You will be customer-focused, taking ideas from concept to prototype. The expectation is that your designs will employ a task-based design ethos with a functional aesthetic. While the position does not require expert coding skills, the individual will have the opportunity to learn our UI framework, grommet.io, and come to understand its capabilities and to be an advocate internally and externally.
· Ability to translate design research and product requirements into wireframes, mockups and clickable prototypes using our HPE Design System Components
· Create usability studies to validate designs
· Abstract product-specific user experiences to generic HPE Design System templates, patterns, and components
· Work with stakeholders to understand user experience requirements
· Support UX, Developer, and Research team members
Knowledge and Requirements
· Passionate about developing simple, clean, elegant user experiences
· Demonstrated ability to collaborate with development teams to understand the problem domain and design solutions that meet user needs
· Champion of user-centered design and user-research methodologies
· Experience with a collaborative culture; Collaborate with local and remote design teams conducting frequent feedback sessions and iterations of your design work
· Experience with standard design tools: Figma, Sketch, Invision, Principle, and ability to push some pixels as well as work with vectors
· Experience with Adobe Creative Suite
· Beginner understanding of HTML elements and basic CSS principles
· Ability to create consistent experiences while utilizing a UI/UX design system
· Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
· Has an interest in understanding data center management and cloud technologies, as well as network and system administration tools
· Ability to absorb and apply constructive criticism from peers and clients
· An online portfolio demonstrating the candidate's interaction design process and thinking
Education and Experience
Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Human-Computer Interaction, UX Design, UX Research, Interaction Design, Fine Arts or equivalent
2+ years of experience
What we can offer you:
Extensive benefits, a competitive salary and participation in the shared values and purpose that make Hewlett Packard Enterprise one of the world´s most attractive employers! At HPE, our goal is to provide equal opportunities, flexible work-life balance, and constantly evolving career growth.
If you are looking for challenges in an exciting, supportive and international work environment, then we definitely want to hear from you. Continue the conversation by clicking apply now below, or directly via our Careers Portal at www.hpe.com/careers .
Join us and make your mark!
Find out more about us and follow us on:
HPE is an Equal Employment Opportunity/ Veterans/Disabled/LGBT and Affirmative Action employer. We are committed to diversity and building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We do not discriminate and all decisions we make are made on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. Our goal is to be one global diverse team that is representative of our customers, in an inclusive environment where we can continue to innovate and grow together.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.