Technical Consultant (Placement Year)
Networking Global Accounts Enablement Intern
Hewlett Packard Enterprise helps customers use technology to reduce the time it takes to turn ideas into value. In turn, customers transform industries, markets and lives. We provide the cutting-edge technology solutions customers need to optimize their traditional IT while helping them build the secure, cloud-enabled, mobile-ready future uniquely suited to their needs.
Aruba, a Hewlett Packard Enterprise company, is a leading provider of next-generation networking solutions for enterprises of all sizes worldwide and is one of the hottest networking companies in Silicon Valley. We have grown more than 40% year-over-year – and we continue to gain market share in the campus networking space. With an atmosphere built on collaboration, we offer both creative and engineering types a place where they can work together to build a better world with innovative technology.
We offer our interns and graduates opportunities that provide challenging projects within a collaborative community – where ideas are easily shared and exchanged. We believe that people work for impact, they want to have fun, and they want to get rewarded – and that is exactly what Aruba provides.
As a Networking Global Accounts Enablement Intern you will be part of our HPN Aruba Global Sales and Sales Operations team in Bracknell. You will provide support to our local Technical Consultants, under the guidance of the local Lab Manager, to ensure the day to day operational management and maintenance of the local Proof of Concept (PoC) environment.
- Assist in the hardware and software installation and the development of appropriate configurations for new PoC infrastructure(s) under the support, guidance and supervision of the local Technical Consultants and Lab Manager.
- Ensure temporary equipment that is due to be returned back to the Demo Loan warehouse, is decommissioned, packaged and itemised for collection after use.
- Work with Suppliers and Vendors where necessary to ensure existing equipment is operational, maintained and supported.
- Maintain the equipment Inventory Management of existing and new permanently installed equipment.
- Provide input to the Lab Manager and relevant Technical Consultants on Lab consumables and cabling stock to ensure adequate supply for existing and future PoC activities.
- General Maintenance of the PoC environment including cabinet patching & panels, ‘Bench’ and PoC equipment rooms and ensure the installed equipment has appropriate power, remote management access etc.
During the 13 month internship at Hewlett Packard Enterprise, you will achieve a ‘HP Expert One’ certification within the ‘FlexNetwork’ certification track, and an optional stretch goal of an additional exam pass which will contribute to a 2nd ‘FlexNetwork’ certification. Certifications and study track will be agreed with GSAE EMEA (PoC) Senior Manager.
In addition to above educational requirements, you must be eligible to work in the UK and be available to commence the placement at the beginning of July 2019 for 13 months.
- A genuine interest and passion for networking technologies.
- An understanding of core Computing & Networking technologies and an appreciation of current technology trends.
- An ability to communicate effectively both verbally and using digital media such as email and presentation packages.
- Confidence in the ability to engage proactively with other team members of different generations.
- Poised decision making skills and the capability to prioritize workloads effectively.
In order to be eligible for our Internship Programme, you must be completing an undergraduate Computing or Networking Technologies degree that requires (or has an option for) a year’s industrial placement. Also, you must be on track to receive a 2:1 or higher.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.