Systems Software Engineer - HPE Storage/Cloud
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is seeking a highly motivated Storage Systems Software Engineer with Linux and C/C++ development experience to join our R&D team for next-generation HPE Storage platforms. We are looking for talented software engineers with strong programming experience and expertise in large systems technology environments. The suitable candidate will be part of a focused, agile team to deliver mission-critical enterprise storage infrastructure software a long an aggressive technology roadmap. This position offers significant influence on future product system design and exposure to modern software development tools and capabilities.
· Contribute to design, development of the new product features, bug fixes and enhancement requests per product requirements and schedules
· Apply subject matter knowledge to the intermediate complexity business issues, and is regarded as a subject matter expert.
· Work on problems/projects where analysis of situations or data requires an evaluation of multiple factors.
· Provide expertise to functional project teams and may participate in cross-functional initiatives.
Education and Experience Required:
· Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent
· Typically 5-8 years’ experience
Knowledge and Skills:
· Experience in C/C++ embedded or distributed Linux systems programming, or similar
· Experience working with large, established code repositories is preferred
· Experience working with SaaS products, Azure, AWS, and Google cloud is a plus
· Experience working in cross-functional or geographically distributed software development teams is a plus
· Experience working in Agile/Scrum/continuous integration software development environments is a plus
· Experience developing test cases for continuous integration automation frameworks is a plus
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.