Storage Development Expert
The HPE Software Development Engineer – Data Storage and AI led Predictive Support Analytics is a senior engineer responsible for building world class products for automating the support and self-healing of the HPE 3PAR storage arrays with AI. The position/person is responsible for design and implementing a high quality software that fuel the autonomous supportability of HPE Storage leveraging advanced AI technologies.
The position entails collaboration with peer engineers, cross functional teams like product management, release management, documentation and senior technical and management leadership, to help realize the product and it's releases from conception to delivery.
The engineering specialist will have strong domain expertise in Storage Infrastructure, hands-on with modern DevOps tools and processes, have significant experience with AI/Deep Learning/Machine Learning implementation and highly proficient with modern software programming languages like Python, GoLang and Java. Extensive working experience with any of the Big Data tech stacks like Kafka, Elasticsearch, Cassandra, MapR etc. is a must.
The position demands full-stack development experience.
What You'll Do:
Design – you will design key components of the 3PAR/Primera ML-led storage management modules. The components you design will significantly improve the autonomous functioning of 3PAR arrays, and render the overall deployment of applications on 3PAR in an intelligent and optimized manner, as well as ensuring high up times.
Implement – you will code and test (unit and functional) the autonomous array supportability software modules in the most secure, performant and extensible fashion. You will use advanced programming principles in an efficient and unconstrained fashion. You will code to realize the functionality to be right, the first time, and unit tests will cover for 100% of the new code that you write. You will be responsible for the full code stack.
Process – you will embrace 'agile' methodologies and deliver within the constructs of an agile SCRUM team. You will demonstrate a strong understanding of Cost of Quality and adhere to the ‘shift-left’ process to assure code quality.
Our Minimum Skill and Qualification Requirements for this role are
· BE/MS in Computer Science from leading engineering institutions in India/abroad.
· 10+ years of product development experience in the Storage domain Management software and AI led Support Automation solutions
· Experience developing ML-led data storage management products
· Advanced AI and ML technologies/SMACK stacks
· S/W Languages - Python, Scala, GoLang
· Design frameworks - REST based architectures
· Hardware configuration experience in Storage/Server/virtualization domains
· Parallel programming and debugging skill
· Experience with Big Data Messaging middleware
· Solid understanding of software development best practices, including verification strategies
· Well versed with Agile development process and should able to drive high standards towards quality of products being delivered should be able to handle ambiguity and provide meaningful direction to the team
· DevOps tools
• A competitive salary and extensive social benefits
• Diverse and dynamic work environment
• Work-life balance and support for career development
• Want to know more about HPE? Then let’s stay connected!
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.