Sr. Technical Support Engineer
Nimble Storage has developed breakthrough architecture that combines flash memory with high-capacity disk to converge storage, backup, and disaster recovery for the first time. Nimble Storage solutions are built on the idea that enterprises should not have to compromise between performance, capacity, ease of management, and price.
The Nimble Support Center provides technical and process solutions to our global SAN customer base. As a member of the Support Team, you will work remotely with customers and HPE Engineering to resolve from simple to highly complex issues on Nimble Storage products. The skills needed to be successful in this role are listed below.
Technical Support Engineer responsibilities include:
· Energetic team player with excellent customer relationship skills.
· The ability to maturely and professionally manage and triage customer service issues.
· Contribute to efficiency improvements from reducing customer issues to increasing team productivity through product changes and knowledge creation.
· Effectively and efficiently handle all levels of technical support calls from basic user questions to issues requiring more in-depth technical problem solving skills.
· Independently diagnosing and resolving networking and performance problems with storage server environments.
· When necessary, escalate cases to the appropriate group (PEAK/Engineering/Executive Team) and be able to articulate the issue, the impact to the business and next steps.
Skills and Experience:
· 5+ years' experience providing technical support to end user customers for SAN related products including advanced administration issues such as snapshots and replication.
· Outstanding problem solving skills with good technical knowledge of SAN systems and TCP/IP & Inter-Networking in a Linux and/or Windows environment.
· Experience troubleshooting storage latency and throughput.
· Comfortable filing bugs and working with engineering to articulate problem scenarios for reproducing issues.
· Must be able to write and speak to an executive level audience and assist in the creation and delivery of documents such as executive summaries, event timelines and root cause analysis reports.
Nice to have:
· Experience with Replication, Backup and Recovery applications and OEM products such as Veeam, Commvault, Vertias as well as VM migration process, Vmotion, clustering features.
· Experience with Applications such as Oracle DB, Exchange, SQL Server, Vcenter Server, Vsphere Client, Solarwinds and UCS Manager.
· Experience with Technologies such as iSCSI, Fibre Channel, Cisco UCS, Enterprise Virtualization and Open Stack.
· Scripting / Programming knowledge (with a focus on support automation) and time-saving utilities.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.