Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE) advances the way people live and work. We bring together curious minds to create breakthrough technology solutions, helping our customers make their mark on the world.
Our new innovative IT services organization is HPE PointNext. We have the expertise to advise, integrate, and accelerate our customers’ outcomes from their digital transformation. We aim to ensure our valued clients have the most effective solution to suit the demands on a dynamic and fast-paced, modern business and the expertise to achieve maximum business benefit.
Are you looking for a unique, truly innovative role? What if it could be with one of the most impactful IT companies in the world? Then we have the right opportunity—we are looking for a Software Engineer to join us! In this amazing role, you will be responsible for design, development, troubleshooting and debugging of data engineering products for HCI, Software Defined Storage analytics products of HPE. This is an amazing opportunity to be part of our R&D team and work in areas of storage, filesystem, hyper converged solutions and analytics. You will evaluate, design, and define coding, programming, and integration activities based on objectives and established project guidelines, collaborating with product management to understand and finalize requirements. If you have a track record in and a passion for software engineering, want to be part of a business that is growing—with great opportunities, and are ready for your next role, then please apply today.
How you’ll make your mark:
• By recommending design choices and finalizing the design for new feature development, working with colleagues and other business areas
• You can perform and write portions of testing plans, protocols, and documentation for assigned portion of feature development; you will also recognize and debug issues with code and suggest changes or improvements.
• You can partner to develop reliable, cost effective, and high quality solutions for assigned systems portion or subsystem.
• You'll collaborate and communicate with internal and outsourced development partners regarding software systems design status, project progress, and issue resolution.
• You will be familiar with Perl, Linux, Unix, VMWare and Storage.
• You have Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent.
• You have worked in Linux systems development/storage appliance development/analytics data collection domain.
• You have experience in C++/Java writing systems software and the ability to do scripting on a need basis.
• You are a strong written and verbal communicator with good analytical and problem solving skills.
• You are skilled with software systems testing methodology including: execution of test plans, debugging, and testing scripts, and tools and can design software systems running on multiple platforms
What we can offer you:
Extensive benefits, a competitive salary and participation in the shared values and purpose that make Hewlett Packard Enterprise one of the world´s most attractive employers! At HPE, our goal is to provide equal opportunities, flexible work-life balance, and constantly evolving career growth.
If you are looking for challenges in an exciting, supportive and international work environment, then we definitely want to hear from you. Continue the conversation by clicking apply now below, or directly via our Careers Portal at www.hpe.com/careers.
Join us and make your mark!
Find out more about us and follow us on:
HPE is an Equal Employment Opportunity/ Veterans/Disabled/LGBT and Affirmative Action employer. We are committed to diversity and building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We do not discriminate and all decisions we make are made on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. Our goal is to be one global diverse team that is representative of our customers, in an inclusive environment where we can continue to innovate and grow together.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.