Software Designer VI
Analyzes, designs, programs, debugs, and modifies software enhancements and/or new products. Using current programming language and technologies, writes code, completes programming, and performs testing and debugging of applications. Completes documentation and procedures for installation and maintenance. Interact with users to define system requirements and/or necessary modifications.
· Leads multiple project deliverables and responsible for all stages of design and development for complex products and platforms, including solution design, analysis, coding, testing, and integration.
· Manages and expands relationships with internal and outsourced development partners on software applications design and development.
· Reviews and evaluates designs and project activities for compliance with applications design and development guidelines and standards; provides tangible feedback to improve product quality and mitigate failure risk.
· Provides domain-specific expertise and overall software applications leadership and perspective to cross-organization projects, programs, and activities.
· Drives innovation and integration of new technologies into projects and activities in the software applications design organization.
· Provides guidance and mentoring to less- experienced staff members.
Education and Experience Required:
· Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent.
· Typically 6-15 years experience.
Knowledge and Skills:
· Experience in Cloud Technologies, Design and Development of Microservices.
· Cloud skill sets – Docker, Kubernetes, RMQ, DBs - HazelCast/Redis/Cassandra/Kairos
· Extensive experience with multiple software applications design tools and languages. (Go, Python, C, C#, Scala etc)
· Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
· Experience in overall architecture of software applications for products and solutions.
· Designing and integrating software applications running on multiple platform types into overall architecture.
· Good in system programming in linux Environments (multi-threading/socket programing/shared memory/system calls/synchronizations) and strong networking fundamentals
· Evaluating forms and processes for software applications testing and methodology, including writing and execution of test plans, debugging, and testing scripts and tools.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills; mastery in English and local language.
· Ability to effectively communicate product architectures, design proposals and negotiate options at senior management levels.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.