Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE) advances the way people live and work. We bring together curious minds to create breakthrough technology solutions, helping our customers make their mark on the world.
HPE makes Hybrid IT simple. HPE helps customers to design the right mix of Hybrid IT solutions to serve their unique needs. We bring next generation infrastructure that uses intelligent software to simplify and accelerate the delivery of new apps, services and business insights. Our mission is to empower our customers with new ways to deliver and manage IT on-premises and in the cloud.
Are you looking for a unique, truly innovative role? What if it could be with one of the most impactful IT companies in the world? Then we have the right opportunity—we are looking for a Technology Architect within HPE Hybrid IT to join us! In this amazing role, you will examine emerging technologies and use the cases to create new business opportunities. The role will combine technology, with industry initiatives and market requirements into tactical immediate actions and strategic investment recommendations. You will partner with business unit product management, R&D, and field sales technical engineering and provide architectural advice for gaining real world customer exposure. You will create HPE-wide architectures and methodologies for design and development of complex products, platforms, systems, software, and technology across multiple engineering disciplines, platforms and organizations within the Global Business Unit. If you have a track record of similar architecture success, want to be part of a business that is growing—with great opportunities, and are ready for your next role, then please apply today.
How you’ll make your mark:
· Work with technologists, architects, and product managers across the company to define and architect new ways to deliver HPE products as a service.
· Identify, architect, and create the cloud-based and embedded software that will enable HPE to deliver these new services.
· Develop organization-wide architectures and methodologies for software systems design and development across multiple platforms and organizations within the Global Business Unit.
· Identify and evaluate new technologies, innovations, and outsourced development partner relationships for alignment with technology roadmap and business value; creates plans for integration and update into architecture.
· Review and evaluate designs and project activities for compliance with development guidelines and standards; provides tangible feedback to improve product quality and mitigate failure risk.
· Leverage recognized domain expertise, business acumen, and experience to influence decisions of executive business leadership, outsourced development partners, and industry standards groups.
· Provide guidance and mentoring to less- experienced staff members to set an example of software systems design and development innovation and excellence.
· Contribute learnings to the larger community via written guidance and presentations
· A sound track-record of shipping products in multiple delivery environments including SaaS and integrated hardware.
· Experience using go (or similar programming language), gRPC, and REST to create cloud-native applications
· Demonstrated experience in Agile methodologies, both in practice and in coaching / mentoring / teaching others
· Experience in datacenter networking including network protocols, architectures, configuration, and management
· Experience in management of datacenter physical infrastructure such as servers, storage arrays, and network switches
· Experience developing and deploying datacenter automation
· Virtualization, cloud technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes, Istio
· Strong hands-on development with languages like GoLang, C, C++, Python or similar programming languages
· Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
· Innovative thinker who can drive change across a development organization
· Team player with a passion for learning, programming, automation, and data analytics
· Experience with agile development (Scrum, Kanban, etc.) and Test Automation (unit, integration, system)
· Comfortable talking about technical things with business people and business things with technical people. Able to express complex concepts in plain language to reach broader audiences
· Outstanding verbal and written communication skills and a demonstrated ability to collaborate across teams and organization
· Ability to effectively communicate product architectures, design proposals and negotiate options at business unit and executive levels.
· Bachelor/Master's degree in Computer Science/Engineering program, or equivalent
· 10+ years of overall product development experience
What we can offer you:
Extensive benefits, a competitive salary and participation in the shared values and purpose that make Hewlett Packard Enterprise one of the world´s most attractive employers! At HPE, our goal is to provide equal opportunities, flexible work-life balance, and constantly evolving career growth.
If you are looking for challenges in an exciting, supportive and international work environment, then we definitely want to hear from you. Continue the conversation by clicking apply now below, or directly via our Careers Portal at www.hpe.com/careers.
Join us and make your mark!
Find out more about us and follow us on:
HPE is an Equal Employment Opportunity/ Veterans/Disabled/LGBT and Affirmative Action employer. We are committed to diversity and building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We do not discriminate and all decisions we make are made on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. Our goal is to be one global diverse team that is representative of our customers, in an inclusive environment where we can continue to innovate and grow together.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.